Social media is significantly underused by attorneys and law firms alike. Only the most savvy of the legal profession are effectively using social media to enhance their practice.
Depending on the area of law, the right social media marketing strategy can work wonders for a law firm. Not only can social media help a firm interact with new and existing clients, but having a social media presence can greatly enhance a firm’s search engine optimization efforts.
There are so many reasons why law firms should be taking the social plunge. To some Internet users, social media platforms like Facebook are used as their primary search engine. And because geographic relevance is automatically factored in to the Facebook search results, having a law firm Facebook page can promote further and free advertising exposure.
But social media for the legal profession extends much further than Facebook. Many attorneys are realizing a huge competitive advantage by optimizing their YouTube videos for select practice areas. In addition, some firms are finding strong cases by marketing their articles on StumbleUpon and Digg.
Almost any lawyer will agree that one of the strongest resources to get good cases is referrals from other attorneys. Social media can play a role in facilitating this as well. In essence, the possibilities for social immersion are virtually limitless to the typical law firm. All one needs is to be a bit creative with respect to their practice and their target audience.
YouTube videos are one of the best social media tools for lawyers looking to enhance their marketing strategy. A short discussion about specific legal issues can not only improve an attorney’s credentials as an expert, but optimized videos are also quite powerful for SEO.
Get social through local or regionally-relevant social sites. Here you can post events or content to a more in-market audience. This can help establish your local brand image along with your online brand image.
LinkedIn has emerged as one of the most successful social networking sites for business professionals. The facilitation of referrals and interaction with like-minded individuals has made LinkedIn a valuable tool, particularly for lawyers.
Recent studies have indicated that about 2/3 of legal corporate counsels use LinkedIn for marketing purposes. Additionally, executives of all industries and professions are using LinkedIn to explore new avenues and expand their business.
To help legal professionals establish a valuable LinkedIn presence and attain better cases, we have identified 5 tips that prove highly valuable.
1. Develop relationships with the referral sources – This will do wonders for the long run. For instance, a lawyer who practices copyright law can find networking opportunities with members of a corporate or business law firm. This creates a relationship for business reciprocity and sharing opportunities with another.
3. Network with potential clients – This is one of the best lawyer LinkedIn marketing tips that is similar to the latter. Let’s say you work in bankruptcy law. Some of the greatest relationships you can build on LinkedIn is with lenders and bankruptcy professionals who can pass business along to your practice.
3. Build relations with members of the media – More than 91 percent of media professionals are on LinkedIn, and this is really big number as compared to other social media sites. This includes journalists, reporters, and editors of regional, national, and local publications. Not only can these relationships lead to greater opportunities to market and publicize your practice, but establishing credibility with media professionals is sound reputation management.
4. Showcase your practice more personally – Investing in legal services can be daunting for both businesses and consumers. By presenting your practice from a more personal perspective, you can instill peace of mind in your potential clients.
Depending on the size of the law firm, each attorney should have their own profile on LinkedIn, and it should be linked to the main site of the company. This will help your customers know who it is they are working with.
5. Bolster relationships with existing clients - Whether a business or individual, existing clients are also a powerful source of good referrals. To keep yourself better organized, create a LinkedIn group dedicated to existing clients. That way you can better manage these valuable assets in your marketing efforts.
6. Broaden your network for expert witnesses - LinkedIn can help you establish connections with niche specialists whom can act as expert witnesses. This can empower your practice, and provide clients with the confidence to hire your for their case.
For all types of legal professionals, being LinkedIn can deliver many great things. Whether career seeking, networking, or marketing your practice, LinkedIn offers a wealth of opportunities to grow. We hope you appreciated these 5 LinkedIn marketing tips for legal professionals.continue...
The law firm marketing game has changed drastically with the web. The tools and innovations at our disposal make it easier to find the exact type of legal help we need.
In moving forward with your law firm web marketing strategy, we outline three success-oriented perspectives to help you achieve great returns on your Internet marketing efforts.
In today's competitive legal realm, there are few attorneys that take great pride in their general practice. This is because it is virtually impossible to represent yourself as a specialist when you claim to know it all.
When it comes to law firm web marketing, speaking to masses can be counterintuitive. Instead, carve out your niche and reign king in your specific area of practice. You will earn more respect by potential clients as well as your peers. This can result in more referrals and higher quality cases.
In any marketing effort, standing out from the clutter is essential. And because lawyers are often savvy marketers, the need to get creative is imperative.
The next generation of law firm web marketing will entail more than just SEO and Internet marketing. Attorneys will need to get social, as platforms like Google+ evolve in to serious marketing game changers. This will imply increased focus on a firm's local community as well as figuring out ways to be more relevant to its target market.
In addition, the online marketing executions of a firm will need some innovation to stay competitive. Do you have a great point to make? Try conveying your message in a video, rather than an article. Looking for ways to connect with other attorneys? Build an online local lawyer alliance using social media to facilitate cases and spread client referrals.
In the legal profession, being an educator is not only a part of being an attorney, but can also be a part of building a powerful reputation.
If you are an expert in your area of law, prove it! Create content that centers around educating your audience. Not only will they trust you and come to you for more advice, but they will be better equipped before receiving legal counsel (which contributes to more qualified leads and a more intelligent client.)
We hope these three perspectives will help you hone in on your Internet marketing strategy. Thanks for visiting the official Law Firm Web Marketing blog.continue...
Blogging has emerged as a full time income source many different individuals. Marketers in particular are joining the blogging endeavor, for the cost-effectiveness and ease of success offers great potential to gain exposure, generate leads, and improve revenue streams.
However, solid blogging requires a lot of effort and smart implementation to become successful. Below we outline some of the best practices of blogging:
If you want to earn leads (and money) by blogging, you should definitely be a proficient writer. When you are coming up with a blog article ideas, find something creative, interesting, and relevant to talk about. The objective is to create content that captures the interests of a target audience, and hope that your audience follows your blog for the long haul.
In order to attract readers to your blog, you will need to invest some time in marketing your work. Some of the most efficient ways to obtain a strong readership is through social mediums. Twitter is great way to expose your content to a relevant audience, and it's free. Also free are tools like Facebook, which can help you attract a more long-term following and help your blog become more viral.
Patience is very much needed to become a successful blogger. It is not uncommon to invest several months into your blog without seeing any true value in return. It takes some time to get noticed by people. In addition, it takes time for search engines to index and rank your blog, so it may take awhile before you start realizing search engine traffic.
It is also key to interact with your visitors regularly. Make sure that you answer their queries in the comments section of your blog, and provide honest feedback when necessary. Interaction is also key with your social media marketing efforts - respond to Facebook comments, Tweet regularly, and post alluring incentives or comments that attract readers.
You need to be a humble blogger; character will help you to sustain the reputation of your blog. If you come across as courteous, creative, honest, and respectful, people will honor your blog and offer you respect (and readership) in return.
When it comes to blogging for a legal practice, these best practices are essential to be successful. They help instill a greater sense of confidence in your audience, and can turn curious readers into quality clients.continue...
Legal professionals do not exactly need to spend a substantially large sum of money if they want to market their services and website on the Internet. By choosing the right channels, attorneys can promote their practice in a cost efficient manner.
Below we highlight three effective and affordable methods for lawyer web marketing on the Internet.
For lawyers who are just starting out in creating their website, buying and building the domain (or website) is key. Choosing a domain name that includes relevant keywords can be highly effective, particular for lawyer SEO. This can increase the relevancy of the website on target keyword phrases, and can excel the site's performance in the search engines.
In addition to the name of the domain, the content on the website is imperative. Always dedicate the homepage of the domain to the core keyword targets, and center the content on those core keyword targets (e.g. "Business Lawyer"). Other supportive web pages of the domain will be optimized for other areas of practices (e.g. "Business Bankruptcy Lawyer"). It is important keep pages dedicated and focused on only one or two related keywords.
Submitting articles and press releases is a very inexpensive way to market your legal services. Articles commonly pop up in the search results for related keyword queries. If you can write optimized, compelling articles that are found by your targeted market, you can obtain highly valuable advertising exposure.
A quality written article or press release can help position yourself as an expert in your area of practice. By providing people with quality, informative content that answers questions and addresses common issues, readers will respect your content and thus your practice.
A majority of attorneys and lawyers these days do not effectively apply social media to their Internet marketing mix. Lawyers can substantially increase their website traffic be exploring relevant social media sites.
Some attorneys will argue that social media has no value for them. These legal professionals are quick to assume that consumers are the only individuals using social media. Websites like LinkedIn offer a great way to connect with other attorneys who may be willing to refer cases and share legal expertise.
Another powerful social media tool for lawyers is video marketing via YouTube. Attorneys can highlight their legal services, address a major legal concern, or talk about unique aspects of the law. Whatever the topic of interest, videos are popular way to attract in-market leads.continue...
Twitter is one of the best platforms for social and professional growth. Tweeting can help to expose legal professionals to new clients as well as fellow attorneys for networking and referring cases. It is one of the easiest and most cost-effective portals for attorneys to build their online reputation and connect with a wide and relevant audience.
Twitter can be the ideal place to promote your practice; however, the way you use Twitter and other social networking sites can be either triumphant or disastrous. Below we have outlined some basic Twitter tips for lawyers and legal professionals.
When posting tweets, it is advisable for professionals to maintain a moderate level of use (many will agree that 3-5 tweets per week is a good number.) When giving an opinion or suggestion, let it be known but do not let people judge you from what you post. Leave your followers some space to reason and some blanks to fill especially if the subject is controversial.
Attribution shows that you understand your profession and that your care about your audience. Whether it is a quote from your favorite book, a poem or retweet, always attribute borrowed information to the source author. Twitter is very specific about retweeting, and even makes the process simpler for retweets.
Remember that not all of your followers understand legalese - or legal speak. Most of your Twitter audience are consumers sourcing for information. Use simple language to reach out to your followers.
It is good to be professional with tweets, but avoid tweeting about an experience with a certain client. Your current and past cases should be kept offline, regardless of how valuable or grave they may be. Do not give examples with the cases you have handled, as this might turn potential clients away.
When tweeting, remember that you may have followers from all walks of life. Avoid posting something that may hurt someone's feelings. Imagine yourself in the shoes of your reader, and observe your reaction. Avoid negative tweets about any group of people; and always consider all your followers as potential clients.
Always be polite regardless of the situation. Some of your followers might attack you, but this is not reason enough to attack them back. If any of your followers has personal issues with you or your profession, respond to their tweets diplomatically. If you encounter a bully, it is better for you to make use of the unfollow button than to engage in bitter exchanges. Remember that your posts may be used against you, and so refrain from any questionable conduct.
In conclusion, remember that Twitter is a place for fun as well as a place for business. Your conduct may affect your profession in irreversible ways, if you are not keen. Be polite, but you are not obliged to follow anyone. If a person within your network becomes unbearable, do not allow them to destroy your reputation. Be of value to your followers, and then business will follow.continue...
If you or your law firm are not utilizing Facebook, you may be missing out on serious opportunities to connect with one of the largest online audiences. Facebook accounts are free to create, and Facebook marketing can be one of the best ways to get the word out about your firm or your personal law practice.
Below are eight Facebook marketing tips for attorneys. These ideas can assist you in establishing your firm's Facebook presence, and offers insights about the type of content you should consider posting to make the greatest impact.
If you have a personal Facebook page, be extremely careful to keep that separate from your business or company page. Many attorneys with small, personal practices make this initial mistake when establishing their Facebook presence. Business pages allow for additional features, such as creating forms that potential clients can fill out, as well as standard features like uploading videos, images, and other forms of content
Start a simple discussion by asking a question, and then when people start to post replies, you can respond and provide valuable feedback or advice. Keep in mind to never cross the line between networking and solicitation. Certain states have specific rules regarding the issue of solicitation within electronic communications, so inform yourself and adhere to the guidelines of your state.
Most attorneys are not going to be able to provide specific numbers, but it is entirely possible to explain the difference between hourly billing and contingency fee agreements, for example. Most people are not aware of the difference, and they fail to take into account the expense of additional taxes and disbursements.
General answers are acceptable to user questions, but giving legal advice can be risky. Advice can be misinterpreted, and some advice may be perceived as attorney-client relationship. Protect yourself by adding a disclaimer to your page or by adding the disclaimer into the bottom of any post that can be construed as legal advice.
Polls can be extremely serious, or they can be light. Nonetheless, Facebook polls are a great way to engage your audience and learn about what others believe on a certain topic. You can ask just about any question you like, but try to keep it the poll very related to your practice, and use the results as a tool to help you understand what your audience is looking for.
If you have an opinion on a recent decision or an ongoing case, Facebook is a great place to provide your insight. This can also attract readers who are interested in the topic of the post. New laws can be confusing, and posting an interpretation of a new law in terms that everyday people can understand is extremely helpful.
If people start to read your page, and find your tips useful, they will continue to return to the page to see what else you have to say. Sharing your knowledge with people will increase the likelihood of them retaining you or your firm in the future over your competitors. This is because they feel a connection to you and you have positioned yourself as an expert in the field based on your tips.
For example, if you want to let people know you are moving your office, you can announce that on Facebook. If you are interested in new business, you may create an event inviting people to a seminar or some similar event that will encourage clients to do business with you or your firm.
Facebook is an extremely flexible platform and can be used as the leverage your practice. You can better position yourself as honest professional in you area of law, and share ideas, knowledge, and other bits of value with a relevant online audience.continue...
After Google's Penguin update, the processes of building backlinks for SEO have become even more intricate. Expansive, membership-based blog networks and paid link programs are the primary target, and many of these resources are commonly used by legal professionals.
So if your law firm website has been over-optimized with too much exact phrase match link building (that is, too many backlinks with the anchor text 'Dallas business lawyers' or 'business lawyers in Dallas') and not enough natural links (links using your domain name), we have outlined a list of tips and techniques to help remedy your case.
In essence, if your site has too many over-optimized backlinks, then you need to balance the ratio of optimized and un-optimized backlinks. To help you do this, we have provided 10 techniques to overcome over-optimization with natural, post-penguin backlink building.
1. Do comprehensive research: Know just how bad your ratio of optimized and un-optimized backlinks really is. We suggest doing a backlink scan to get a lay of the land. These insights will tell you just how over-optimized your legal site really is, and how much natural backlink building you'll need to do to balance the ratio.
2. Do surveys: An industry-specific survey or research that is posted on your website will help you acquire long-term backlinks. Surveys are also important in that they help you in product development since you will know what your customers/clients want. You should also have a page dedicated to the survey's results. This can be a valuable content that people will want to naturally link to, and thus offers an effective technique for website optimization.
3. Target related websites: Do a simple Google search or use software like Open Site Explorer to determine the links your competitors are gaining backlinks from. This is particularly helpful if you target successful competitors. Next, reach out to the people linking with your competitor’s site and trying earning those links for your own legal site.
4. Generate video content: Come up with great video content that promotes your legal practice and your brand. Posting these videos on YouTube, Vimeo or other 3rd party sites can automatically earn you a backlink, in addition to the marketing value videos offer.
5. Try running a contest: Running a contest or competition always helps to gain links back to your site. People who like the competition will share backlinks with friends, colleagues or relatives. This is often most effective when combined with social media.
6. Implement social media badges: Adding social badges to your website is great way to establish a following on your website. These social cues can indirectly contribute to more links via credibility and promoting greater online awareness of your website.
7. Post on forums in your niche: Search for forums in your niche and make several posts. If people have questions, answer their questions and include links to your website, indicating that they can find the products/services they are looking for there. Be sure to do this responsibly and ethically.
8. Join the relevant trade associations: Consider attending trade shows and conferences to increase your sales. When you attend such trade shows and conferences, always ensure you take part as a member of a trade association. This will help to make sure that your company website gets listed on the website of the trade association.
9. Give freebies to bloggers: Guest blogging from renowned bloggers will help with your link building campaigns. However, note that well-established guest bloggers will not participate in your blog for nothing. Give the bloggers overstocked products or other freebies that will not hurt your profit margins.
10. Give interviews: You could find industry leaders and interview them. People who know such industry leaders will link back to the content of the interview.
Other important techniques are finding legal web directories to list your site and URL. Other powerful directories include the BBB (better business bureau), DMOZ directory, and Yahoo! local. These offer some of the most natural sources of backlinks. Link wisely.continue...
For local legal practice, it is important that you optimize your law firm's website for greater online exposure, especially for the search engines.
Local search engine optimization (SEO) involves the optimization of a website, or a specific page, using both practice area keywords as well as geographic references.
The actual optimization is ensuring the combination of geo-target (e.g. "Dallas") and practice area (e.g. "Criminal Defense") are mentioned on the page, preferably in close proximity (e.g. "Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer").
However there's a lot more to local lawyer SEO than just keyword optimizing pages of a website. Now, with more social integration (via Google+) and other contributing factors that occur off the sites, a local SEO strategy must consider a number of different elements.
To help you better optimize your law firm's website for local SEO, below we offer seven strategies for local lawyer SEO.
1) Local Search Submissions: Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have free local business listings. All you are required to do is fill out info about your business and to then verify your listing. With Bing, you can have an aerial map that allows you to pinpoint the exact location of your business. Listing allows your business to be visible in local searches using the chosen keyword. You could also submit your site to Yelp or CitySearch. Proper categorizing is necessary for a successful listing. Some listings allow you to even list the payment method/s accepted and your email.
2) Google AdWords: Although AdWords is designed more for PPC advertisers, you can earn a lot of valuable insights with data provided by the platform. Here you can track the search queries and visitor behaviors that impact your website. As a result, you can capture a wealth of information to hone in on your local SEO efforts.
3) Reviews: You could ask for reviews from customers. Customer testimonials are important in that they help to convince skeptical clients to buy whatever you are selling. You will be surprised just how many of your current customers are willing to provide testimonials if you ask. You can also have customer reviews on some local websites like Google Local and Yelp.
4) Listing on Community Sites: You could list your website on community websites like the website of your local Chamber of Commerce. This not only helps you list your website locally, but it also helps you get links from a credible website. Link building is one of the most effective White Hat SEO techniques. Another option is listing with your trade organization, preferably a local organization or the local branch of the organization. Yet another option is listing on a local business directory.
5) Localize Keywords: Use localized keywords that are bit variant from the norm. As an example, include such keywords like "NYC," in addition to "New York." You'd be surprised at how many people use modified geo-local references in their search queries.
6) Focus on the Competition: Work on your keywords by using keyword research tools to come up with the most effective ones and do research on what successful competitors are doing so that you can borrow from their strategies.
7) Twitter: Using Twitter for your lawyer SEO increases the chances of your business, brand, or a particular product going viral. Creating a Twitter account is easy and free. Make regular updates and attract as many followers as possible. Offer meaningful information on your updates.
To learn more about local SEO for your law firm, check out this local SEO guide with great insights for all types of campaigns.continue...
YouTube offers a great opportunity for your law firm to connect with relevant Internet users. Not only can you reach people in all corners of the world with YouTube, but your videos can be optimized for local SEO as well.
YouTube is particularly helpful for small legal practices, primarily because it's so cost efficient given its immense interaction and marketing potential. As the old adage goes, “a picture is worth 1,000 words”. So if you optimize your YouTube videos properly, the worth will only magnify.
Although the process of uploading and keyword optimizing a YouTube video is rather straightforward, many people go about it all wrong. Optimizing your firm's YouTube channel for video SEO is imperative for an effective video. There are several tips that will help you ensure that your YouTube channel is optimized for video SEO.
Once you have created an account on YouTube, you can come up with a specialized channel for your content. Some people upload their YouTube videos to their personal accounts. Having a specialized business channel is important because it brings you out as a professional. The channel is reflective of your business and yourself.
Some people make the mistake of uploading videos and simply hoping that visitors will see them on the net. The fact is that there are hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube and it is recommended that you are proactive if you want yours to stand out. One way of doing this is keyword optimization. Use a keyword tool to come up with the most appropriate keyword. People use keywords to do searches and with the right keyword, you will be sure that your video will rank high in search engine results pages of major search engines.
If you're law firm has a local market focus, in the advanced settings you can geo-tag your video with your firm's address. This will further enhance the geographic relevancy of the video for local keyword searches.
A content playlist is important because it keeps your content useful and streamlined. Linking a number of related videos together is important because it enables your visitors to see the bigger picture of what you are trying to achieve. A playlist is important because it ensures that visitors do not search too hard for videos that are natural progression videos, which they have already viewed. Note that most online visitors are impatient and they will simply leave your site if they find the going to be tough.
To promote your YouTube videos in your various social networking sites, some of the most effective sites to start are Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest. Your presence on YouTube should be part of a larger social media marketing campaign. Other than helping with SEO, social media marketing allows you to reach millions of people from around the world at minimal cost, it helps you get valuable feedback, and it helps you get targeted traffic. Post the same YouTube video on the different social networking sites as this prevents disconnect.
Ensure the YouTube Videos Convert High traffic is important, but more important is high conversion rates. One way of ensuring there is conversions is having a call to action. This stimulus is usually contained at the end of the video and is one of the most effective strategies for conversion optimization.
If you are interested in learning more about how to optimize YouTube for Video SEO, visit our SEO website optimization company today. Or provide any questions or comments below.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.