For any SEO campaign to succeed, it is important to have highly qualified and experienced professionals who are not only able to see through the campaign, but also have the ability to adapt the campaign to fit the ever dynamic and fluid online market space.
For a law firm or independent legal practices that's keen on running a successful SEO campaign, here are three experts to help support your law firms SEO strategy and ensure its success. These might seem like unconventional SEO experts, but are roles that are defining the all-encompassing approach to building an authoritative online brand and rank-worthy website.
The role of a technical SEO expert is one of the most important roles any organization has to fill if the business wants to get the highest return on investment on their SEO campaign. A technical expert is usually charged with the responsibility of developing and implementing the appropriate SEO strategy across onsite technology, content strategy as well as link acquisition.
He or she is usually charged with the responsibility of undertaking market and competitor research and analysis, carry out technical SEO site audit of the website or social media channels and utilize both on and off page optimization strategies to ensure that these campaigns are not only implemented but are tracked and reported correctly according to laid out criteria and deadlines.
A good technical SEO expert is usually well versed in using some of the leading SEO tools such as Search Metrics, Majestic, Moz, Webmaster Tools, Google Analytic etc. they not only ensure that the original coding of the site is up to standard and SEO friendly but are also at hand to perform any required technical changes on the site so as to ensure that the site is search engine friendly and ready. For a law firm, a technical SEO expert will handle all the complexities involved in any search engine campaign.
The social media manager is bound to be a highly motivated individual with passion and experience in designing and implementing the organizations content strategy, creating and delivering relevant content, blogging as well as ensuring community participation as well as leadership. In short, this role helps to view the SEO strategy as more of an all-encompassing web presence optimization strategy that brings together multiple platforms and market touch points.
He or she is supposed to be an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in relevant dialogue sessions with clients. because what you post on your social channels is the main foundation for your social media marketing campaign, the social media manager does perform a brand discovery which mainly outlines what it is about the business that makes it unique, this usually includes the firms core values and beliefs and the reasons people want to engage the law firm in business.
A good social media manager is therefore the link between your clients on the social media market space and the business. This linkage does gain a lot of importance when you take into consideration the number of people who use social media on a daily basis and are therefore at ease conducting business on the same space.
Content strategists are important for the law firm because they help the firm achieve business goals by fully maximizing the commercial impact of the content. For a content strategist, content refers to a wide variety of information such as web or digital information, blog posts, social media conversations, RSS feeds, email newsletters, web pages etc. this content usually overlaps into both online and offline forums and does require the content strategist to play a leading role in both of these facets.
A content strategist will for all intent and purposes concern himself with the entire lifecycle of content; from analyzing, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing and eventually monitoring content in all its forms. It is therefore important to take note that there is basically no need of developing or creating a multi-channel, multimedia content strategy if your law firm does not have a qualified content strategist.
A good content strategist will therefore develop the requisite tools as well as tactics that allow your business to get the most from its content. For best results, it is advisable to get a content strategist who is well versed in legal issues.continue...
As website owners work consistently to make sure they're in line with what their readers and search engines look for, more tools are coming up to assist them achieve their SEO goals. Today, there are dozens of free and premium SEO tools, and most of them are useful. However, in a world of varieties, it's easy to forget the usefulness of other tools which do not necessarily play a mainstream role in search engine optimization.
Therefore, in this article, we cover some of the most overlook but useful SEO tools that will make a huge difference in cultivating greater intelligence for your SEO efforts.
Some time back, Google's Mutt Cutts hinted that they were going to consider grammar as a ranking factor. Google has always been concerned with user-friendliness, hence they've occasionally hinted of giving a boost in ranking to sites that will comply.
It's for this reason that a desktop software like InSite 5 will crawl a site to alert the owner of any grammar errors that may be existing at the time. There's an option for customizing dictionary alerts so website owners don't have to keep worrying of false alerts. Once InSite 5 finishes its job, the software will present results in a nice PDF format so action can be taken. It costs $60.
Whenever working on an important project, a team has to collaborate. For example, in web development, there has to be a project manager, web developer, SEO expert, content producer and so forth.
Attentiv is a platform that makes collaboration across team members an easy task, thanks to its polling, thread commenting and up-voting system that let team members become creative and decisive in accomplishing their respective tasks. The Attentiv application is free for the first 5 users. Afterwards, they charge $5 per user.
Good titles attract good click-through-rates. However, this is still something that bloggers and webmasters don't take seriously. Even if they did, most of them didn't have the skills to write attractive titles to hook readers in. That's why Title Tester was created.
To work with Title Testerm, write down a few title variants you'd love to work with. Put those titles into Title Tester and share them on social media at once so users can vote the best title to use. Title Tester is fast, effective, and at the end of the day, you will come up with a very good title to rely on for your post.
Cision Media Database (formerly Media Contact Database) is one of the most expensive tools to use out there, but people still keep using it despite that fact. Cision media database contains all types of news outlets with their reporters too. You can get contact information for journalist, their social media profiles as well as personal contact info. The beauty of using Cisio Media Database is that it promotes relationship-building, and this is quite beneficial to content marketers out there.
The use of infographics still plays a significant role in the world of SEO. Infogram is an infographic maker for both the inexperienced and experienced content marketer. However, it can also be used to easily creative attractive chats which are highly beneficial when presenting client reports. Chats can also be transferred to MS office with great ease. The trial version is of course free, but then one has to pay $15 per month to upgrade.
These are useful SEO tools that can help every content marketer gain an edge in a world where competition is tough. They might not be very popular, but their usefulness cannot be under-estimated.continue...
No matter how much marketers try to convince people and companies to shift their mentalities, search engines like Google and Bing still reign over the internet and decide who gets their business seen and who doesn't. That is why optimizing your website according to SEO guidelines can make all the difference between business success and failure.
This does not, however, mean that companies should spend large amounts of money promoting their websites in search engines results. In fact, that can have the opposite effect more often than not. The answer is thus to be frugal and efficient. Here's how:
1. Use the meta 'noindex' tag - Search engine 'bots' (the software that indexes pages to Google and its competitors) tends to analyze every page on your website, even those that do not matter, and thus make it harder for your website to get listed in search results. By adding this meta tag to such pages, you make sure only useful content is indexed, thus improving your SEO chances.
2. Size down (Page size, and more importantly, page load time) – is very important for search engines as well as to make browsing enjoyable for users. There are several ways embrace website optimization for faster load speeds, including getting rid of heavy graphics and videos, but the easiest and most effective way is to look for old information that is no longer relevant, such as meta keywords which are no longer indexed, and clean them out to make page load easier and faster.
3. Keep backlink records – Google's been tightening the noose around spammers' necks, and it is not good to be caught off-guard when given a penalty. The solution is to keep records of your backlink history, which Google provides through Webmaster Tools. Downloading the records even a couple of times each week will mean that you have all the information necessary on hand if you need to make a backlink profile in order to recover from a penalty, saving you a lot of time and money spent acquiring such records, which become unavailable periodically.
4. Keep Logs – Server logs can be costly, and they are largely underestimated, but they can provide valuable information about your website's users and their actions, as well as the behaviors of search engines' bots, and help you improve your performance based on that information, which means they are an unquestionably worthwhile investment to make where SEO success is concerned.
5. Be smart – which is the same as being well-informed. Most SEO tools and providers you may come across online will do little, if anything, to help your website's SEO performance. Using recognized tools – such as those from Google and Bing themselves, which are free, for the most part – and becoming knowledgeable enough to use the data they provide by following these companies and other specialized websites and blogs is the best way to make your SEO efforts efficient, and the only one that actually pays off.
All in all, making your SEO efforts efficient is as easy as taking things into your own hands, using the information and tools put at your disposal by the search engines themselves. This will not only reduce cost, but also prepare you for any SEO crisis and teach you how to deal with these situations independently, so you don't end up spending a fortune in the future to correct SEO mistakes made now.continue...