Lawyers are well aware of the importance of attaining online search exposure. A high organic listing in the search engines can result in an influx of new cases. Many legal professionals are keen enough to realize that such results are achievable in-house, and without the help of a SEO company.
Even for those attorneys who are slightly adept in the how SEO works, realizing better search rankings is no mystery. To help get the ball rolling, below are some basic, yet essential press release optimization techniques that work ideally for law firm web marketing.
Most lawyers know that press releases are essential, but what some fail to realize is that they do not need a Public Relations firm to do it for them. Just about anybody can publish a press release, and when “optimized” correctly, these forms of content can do wonders for SEO.
Press releases that contain the right verbiage and are presented in such a way that offers meaning to readers have tremendous SEO value. Such press releases can end up being found through Google News and other related search outlets. This can result in both better brand awareness and more visitors to your website. If you and your staff can publish a weekly press release, this is one easy way to promote better visibility in the search engines.
Submitting press releases and online articles (otherwise known as “content marketing”) is an effective method to build inbound links to website – which can have an immense impact on SEO. More links pointing to a website deems it more popular, and thus credible, in the search engines.
What brings the most impact to a link is both its source and its anchor text (or “link name.”) Some publishing portals are free, whereas others require payment. Typically, the content publishing portals that are paid-for-use offer heavier link weight. In addition to more powerful links, these portals often allow users to customize the anchor text of links.
Having the ability to customize the anchor text of a link (in virtually any link building context) is huge for SEO. This enables users to use keyword phrases as link names, and thus making the link’s destination more relevant to that phrase.
For example, a law firm plans to publish a press release about Intellectual Property law that has a link pointing to its webpage about I.P. legal services. If the anchor text of that link contains the words “intellectual property,” the link will have greater SEO value, making that webpage more relevant on keyword targets of I.P. law. Furthermore, if the firm was located in Atlanta, Georgia and was pursuing a local search engine optimization strategy, the anchor text “Atlanta intellectual property lawyer,” or a related keyword variation, would serve ideal.
Use the strongest syndicates for your press releases and overall content marketing efforts. Some of the most powerful portals for press releases include PRWeb.com, Marketwire.com, BusinessWire.com, and PRNewsWire.com. Through these online news outlets, you can publish content that contains high quality inbound links.
High authority press syndicates can charge anywhere from $200 to $600 for membership, so choose carefully before investing. In addition, take advantage of any “premium-based” press release submissions these sites have to offer. Often, the better the publishing features, the more options users have in tailoring SEO-oriented press releases.
With these tips, law firms and lawyers alike can have an in-house SEO tool of their own. Many firms that implement consistent press release publishing practices see improvements in search engine rankings and overall website traffic.continue...
Building back links (or links that point back to a specific website) is one of the best strategies to achieve better Google search engine rankings. The link building process is more labor-intensive than it is talent-intensive; however there are a few tricks of the trade that can make a big difference when it comes to SEO.
In the legal profession, building links can have a momentous impact on your organic search engine rankings. Especially when optimizing for local areas and specific practice areas, the advantages of link building are significant. Rankings are often based on link popularity. Google’s search engine algorithm ranks websites according to:
These are just the link building basics. Expand upon your strategy with these SEO link building tips for lawyers.
The best link pages are found on the home page of a related site. But how will you be able to achieve this?
So you got the tips down, but know you might be wondering where to start on your link building endeavor. This can often be the most challenging part. Some websites that appear ideal for your links may not be willing or able to accept them. As a result, sometimes you have to be creative, build relationships, or perhaps invest a little capital.
Below are some sound techniques to build the best links:
Perfectly formatted inbound links are essential to get high search engine rankings for your law firm website. It has become the core driver to search engine optimization, and should never be overlooked in any website optimization strategy.
One source to help boost your keyword rankings for organic SEO is to build strong relationships with people and professionals who can help publicize your voice (or content, to be specific.)
These publications, which are may be intended for both online and offline purposes, are normally referred to as public relations (PR) content. PR content, whether an optimized press release or newsletter, can be repuprosed for SEO when published in the right places.
Below we share with you six ways in which your law firm can leverage PR for its organic SEO efforts.
1. Building strong connections with famous publications and authoritative companies: The public relations department has a better chance of getting well-known companies to accept to link to your web pages. You can even get PR experts to write press releases or submit some of your articles to the website of a well known company.
2. Utilizing their valuable experience in content creation: People who are in public relations understand different types of audiences and know how they can write information that captivates them. This explains why most media content written by PR specialists usually goes viral. You can take advantage of this by making public relations help you in coming up with web content that works for your target audience. If it is relevant, then popular search engines will rank your site higher. So make sure you use PR services to get relevant and high quality content.
3. Utilizing SEO to attract traffic and maintain high visibility for your press releases: In this case, SEO comes in to ensure your PR efforts do not go to waste. Remember that, you can have the best press release but if it is not visible online then it is of no use. With proper SEO techniques, you can get your press releases to appear on the first result pages of popular search engines. This will increase the number of people who see it and click on your links. You can create traffic to your press releases and make them feature on a SERP by making use of the right keywords.
4. Building your reputation by showing association with other well known publications: People will trust your products or services if you can prove that you have an association with a famous company or publication. For instance, if you mention on your website that your adverts were featured by a well known publication, you might attract interest of large sites, which would not mind accepting your backlinks.
5. Taking advantage of the fact that PR experts are good at communication: One thing you have to understand is that, PR is all about communication. PR experts know exactly what to say to build strong relationships with people you can gain advantage from and attract the right audience to sell your products. You might not get the same skills from a talented organic SEO expert so you should make use of the best of both worlds.
6. Maintain lasting relationships with proper public relations: In your SEO campaigns, you might often find yourself not working with people in the long term. However, PR specialists know how they can maintain strong relationships with vital groups to keep your marketing efforts strong in a long time to come. This ensures that you maximize on the benefit you can attain from that relationship.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.