Paid search advertising (otherwise known as "PPC advertising") is highly effective channel to reach individuals seeking specific services and needs.
For a law firm, this can offer a great marketing medium to capture pre-qualified leads and earn quality cases. However, learning the in's and out's of paid search advertising can seem like an cumbersome endeavor. To an extent, it truly is.
In this article, we share with you a few paid search advertising tips for law firms with a local target market. These tips can help you make a pronounced statement in the search results for your primary keyword targets.
1. Ensure that your campaign's geo-parameters are set properly. Under the Settings tab in your Google AdWords campaign, refer to the section for "Locations." Here you can set the geographic parameters of your paid search advertising campaign.
For a local law firm, it's critical that your ads are displayed only to search engine users in target market space. You can set your geo-parameters for specific cities, counties, states, or by defining a mile radius from a given point.
2. Avoid broad match keyword bidding. The fact of the matter is, broad match keyword bidding is extremely broad. Instead, use other keyword match types like exact match, phrase match, and modified broad match bidding. This will ensure that your ads appear for the precise keywords you're targeting (and not broad generalizations that can result in wasted impressions and clicks.)
3. Leverage AdWords Ad Extensions. Perhaps the most powerful Ad Extension for local paid search advertising campaigns is "Location Extensions." This will show the address and contact information of your law firm directly in the ad copy. This one of the best PPC tips can really make your ads pop, in addition to offering a nice reference for local searchers.
4. Split-test your ad copy. One of the biggest mistakes that paid search advertisers make is only creating one ad for each ad group. Instead write three or four different ads with variant ad copy. Keep track of the ads that you split-test and make adjustments as you go. This can significantly enhance the click-through rate (CTR) of your ads.
5. Do negative keyword research. As you continue to perfect your paid search campaigns, you may want to do some negative keyword research for terms that are causing your ads to trigger for unwanted search terms. Such negative keywords might be "free" or "reviews." You can add these to the negative keyword list shown below the active keyword list in AdWords.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.