No matter how much marketers try to convince people and companies to shift their mentalities, search engines like Google and Bing still reign over the internet and decide who gets their business seen and who doesn't. That is why optimizing your website according to SEO guidelines can make all the difference between business success and failure.
This does not, however, mean that companies should spend large amounts of money promoting their websites in search engines results. In fact, that can have the opposite effect more often than not. The answer is thus to be frugal and efficient. Here's how:
1. Use the meta 'noindex' tag - Search engine 'bots' (the software that indexes pages to Google and its competitors) tends to analyze every page on your website, even those that do not matter, and thus make it harder for your website to get listed in search results. By adding this meta tag to such pages, you make sure only useful content is indexed, thus improving your SEO chances.
2. Size down (Page size, and more importantly, page load time) – is very important for search engines as well as to make browsing enjoyable for users. There are several ways embrace website optimization for faster load speeds, including getting rid of heavy graphics and videos, but the easiest and most effective way is to look for old information that is no longer relevant, such as meta keywords which are no longer indexed, and clean them out to make page load easier and faster.
3. Keep backlink records – Google's been tightening the noose around spammers' necks, and it is not good to be caught off-guard when given a penalty. The solution is to keep records of your backlink history, which Google provides through Webmaster Tools. Downloading the records even a couple of times each week will mean that you have all the information necessary on hand if you need to make a backlink profile in order to recover from a penalty, saving you a lot of time and money spent acquiring such records, which become unavailable periodically.
4. Keep Logs – Server logs can be costly, and they are largely underestimated, but they can provide valuable information about your website's users and their actions, as well as the behaviors of search engines' bots, and help you improve your performance based on that information, which means they are an unquestionably worthwhile investment to make where SEO success is concerned.
5. Be smart – which is the same as being well-informed. Most SEO tools and providers you may come across online will do little, if anything, to help your website's SEO performance. Using recognized tools – such as those from Google and Bing themselves, which are free, for the most part – and becoming knowledgeable enough to use the data they provide by following these companies and other specialized websites and blogs is the best way to make your SEO efforts efficient, and the only one that actually pays off.
All in all, making your SEO efforts efficient is as easy as taking things into your own hands, using the information and tools put at your disposal by the search engines themselves. This will not only reduce cost, but also prepare you for any SEO crisis and teach you how to deal with these situations independently, so you don't end up spending a fortune in the future to correct SEO mistakes made now.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.