The web is now buzzing with various exciting opportunities that offer ways to increase your revenues though Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization.) With the fast penetration of the Internet in every nook and corner of the U.S., now searches for legal representation and counsel are happening from many local areas.
As per the latest reports of Google, about 8.3 million searches are now being done for “lawyers” on search engines alone. Therefore, local Internet marketing for lawyers offers many opportunities to capture relevant searches that could result in a huge case.
Local online marketing for lawyers is much more cost-effective than a phone book, television, or radio advertisement. These channels offer limited information and ad exposure. But in case of website marketing, you can obtain top search engine visibility from your prospects and target customers. The cost of impressions for a PPC ad or organic search placement is significantly less than a print ad. And when users hop on Google to find a "personal injury lawyer in Dallas, TX," that's just what they want.
Many lawyers still prefer newspapers, TV, law directories and similar advertising mediums. Though few attorneys may have got some success with these venues, but the real question here is that how much returns they are getting on their investment. In most of the cases, search engine optimization campaigns are highly cost effective and can generate long lasting results. While newspaper ads or direct mail campaigns are recycled or thrown as waste, local website marketing for lawyers continues to generate quality leads for them. Now the lasting effect of this kind of marketing means that your marketing budget is being well utilized and generates more revenue for you. Maximum leads with less money, as well as quality of leads, make local Internet marketing for lawyers a clear choice where they should spend their marketing dollars.
As we discussed above, SEO can help you in getting higher rankings on major search engines resulting in higher traffic to your site and more business. Companies providing local SEO services for lawyers actually work for maximizing their online exposure. All major search engines such as Google, MSN/Yahoo and Bing now show results depending upon the location of the user. Therefore, if your site is optimized for local SEO, you can gain better ad exposure from in-market users.
A good local SEO company will target keywords of local/geographic relevance combined with practice areas keywords (for example, "Atlanta criminal defense attorney".) This can rank the site of an Atlanta-based attorney on the top of search engine result pages for queries that relate to criminal defense. They will choose the keywords that are used by relevant clients for searching lawyers in their area.
Aside from this, providers of local SEO services also use other Internet marketing techniques, such as manual directory submission, PPC marketing campaigns, article and blog submission with links to your site, and even social media marketing. These services are starting to replace traditional forms of marketing and serving ideal for law firm web marketing.continue...
There is no doubt that link building is now the powerhouse to stronger search engine rankings. For law firms with regional SEO focus, or those who are optimizing for locally-targeted practice areas (e.g. "Dallas business litigation lawyer,") the strategies for link building come in many forms.
It is not only important to consider what sources for link building a law firm should use, but also how links are built. In this article we discuss a great linking strategy for lawyers who have a local SEO focus. To learn more about the general practice of link building, read this post about SEO link building tips for lawyers.
Before we can define partial linking, we must first define "anchor text." Anchor text is used to define the visible words that are displayed in a link. Using customized (or optimized) anchor text substitutes the need to use the URL for the link. As a result, a search engine spider can better evaluate the keyword relevancy of the anchor text to that of the webpage’s content. This is a big factor in SEO, for it makes websites more popular on certain keyword phrases.
The practice of partial linking means using only a part of the link destination's keyword target in the anchor text. For example, a law firm web marketing blog wants to build an optimized backlink to a website for a corporate lawyer based out of Boston. The blog writer could script the link's anchor text to include all keyword in the targeted search phrase (e.g. "Boston corporate lawyer" or "corporate attorney in Boston.") However from a partial linking perspective, the blog could publish the anchor text to include only the city "Boston," or perhaps only the practice of "corporate" law, in the link.
Some might ask, why script the anchor text of link to read only a portion of the true keyword target? For one, SEO is long-term endeavor. Google interprets websites based on single words and the density of those single words. Although keyword phrasing is important, becoming more relevant on single words is sound strategy for local Internet marketing and long-term link building.
The homepage in particular is the most important page of a website when it comes to SEO. The home domain supports a number of keywords, and may be relevant on several un-related terms. Partial link building is highly effective for backlinks pointing to the homepage. This helps to focus the keyword relevancy of site one word at a time. And although this might appear less efficient than linking with a full keyword phrase, the result can support greater, long-term rankings on both local and globally-targeted keyword phrases.continue...
Social media is significantly underused by attorneys and law firms alike. Only the most savvy of the legal profession are effectively using social media to enhance their practice.
Depending on the area of law, the right social media marketing strategy can work wonders for a law firm. Not only can social media help a firm interact with new and existing clients, but having a social media presence can greatly enhance a firm’s search engine optimization efforts.
There are so many reasons why law firms should be taking the social plunge. To some Internet users, social media platforms like Facebook are used as their primary search engine. And because geographic relevance is automatically factored in to the Facebook search results, having a law firm Facebook page can promote further and free advertising exposure.
But social media for the legal profession extends much further than Facebook. Many attorneys are realizing a huge competitive advantage by optimizing their YouTube videos for select practice areas. In addition, some firms are finding strong cases by marketing their articles on StumbleUpon and Digg.
Almost any lawyer will agree that one of the strongest resources to get good cases is referrals from other attorneys. Social media can play a role in facilitating this as well. In essence, the possibilities for social immersion are virtually limitless to the typical law firm. All one needs is to be a bit creative with respect to their practice and their target audience.
YouTube videos are one of the best social media tools for lawyers looking to enhance their marketing strategy. A short discussion about specific legal issues can not only improve an attorney’s credentials as an expert, but optimized videos are also quite powerful for SEO.
Get social through local or regionally-relevant social sites. Here you can post events or content to a more in-market audience. This can help establish your local brand image along with your online brand image.
Law firm mobile marketing is becoming a highly effective method to obtain quality cases and retain respected clients.
Many legal practices both large and small are taking advantage of mobile marketing strategies, particularly in the form of text message marketing. Especially for law firms with a local market focus, the opportunities to go mobile are very significant.
But what exactly makes text message marketing for attorneys so great? That answer comes in many forms.
Text message marketing or SMS (short message service) marketing is good method to obtain more traffic, but you need to execute this appropriately. The first step is building your opt-in database, or list of recipients who are willing to accept your text message blast.
After a sufficient list has been established, whether through social media, email marketing, or other creative methods, the task of tailoring SMS blasts begins. Here it is important to empathize with your market and send them an incentivizing message that offers value.
Below are 3 good examples of creative text message marketing strategies for law firms:
Every practice offers something unique with respect to its areas of law. This means that each strategy for law firm mobile marketing is original. It is important to take into consideration the advertising and marketing objectives of the firm, and implement strategic mobile components accordingly.continue...
Law firm web marketing is one of the greatest channels to gain a competitive advantage in the legal profession.
Internet marketing for law firms places significant focus on search engine optimization, which is essential to be found on Google, Bing, and other major search engines.
Implementing the best practices of law firm web marketing and SEO is one of the best ways capture prospective customers. A high ranking website that is visible on many relevant search phrases can provide incredible opportunities.
Below we've outline the top 3 tips for law firm Internet marketing, and how to get the most SEO benefit from a legal website.
The content of a website is an essential element to SEO. By intricately weaving relevant keywords into the copy of your website, you help search engine spiders (or crawlers) index your site according to those keywords. As a result, your website will have more relevance to the targeted keyword phrases that drive you business.
In today's competitive SEO game, it is important to choose keywords that are very specific to your legal practice. Generic keywords, such as "business lawyer," can be too broad and too competitive.
Not only should you consider highly specific keyword targets, such as “business tax attorney,” but also consider local variations, like “Atlanta business lawyer.”
This leads us into our next point about geo-local SEO.
The local search results, such as Google Places, are becoming increasingly important for SEO. Because most law firms represent clients in specific regions, it is wise to reference geo-specific keywords in your SEO efforts.
Be sure to include the local information about your law firm on your website. A solid tip here is to include the firm’s address in the footer of the website. It also doesn't hurt to mention your city or local service areas within the content of the site, such as "contact your trusted family lawyers in Chicago, IL."
Additionally, you can really maximize your local SEO strategy by including geo-references in your link building efforts, which is described in more detail below.
Inbound links, or backlinks, are the powerhouse to higher organic search engine rankings. Link building has become very important to compete in SEO, and now there are a number of platforms available to build backlinks.
Some of the most effective resources to build links to you law firm's website are legal directories, forums, and blogs. Whether you want to start your own blog, or surf other related blogs to write comments (and add links to those comments,) the channels are almost endless. They just require a little creativity.
Legal directories are often times the easiest way to earn backlinks. This task demands finding the proper online directories that will allow you to place (or buy) a listing on their directory. Your listing will contain a link back to your law firm website, and thus deem it more credible and trustworthy in the search engines.
Where real strategy comes into play is the link's anchor text, or link name. If the anchor text of the link reads your specific keyword target (e.g. “Grand Rapids personal injury lawyers”) then the webpage being linked to will have greater relevancy to that particular phrase. You can even take this link building practice deeper by executing partial linking strategies.
We hope these 3 law firm Internet marketing & SEO tips will help you on your way to better success in the search engines. Thanks for visiting the Law Firm Web Marketing Blog!continue...
For local legal practice, it is important that you optimize your law firm's website for greater online exposure, especially for the search engines.
Local search engine optimization (SEO) involves the optimization of a website, or a specific page, using both practice area keywords as well as geographic references.
The actual optimization is ensuring the combination of geo-target (e.g. "Dallas") and practice area (e.g. "Criminal Defense") are mentioned on the page, preferably in close proximity (e.g. "Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer").
However there's a lot more to local lawyer SEO than just keyword optimizing pages of a website. Now, with more social integration (via Google+) and other contributing factors that occur off the sites, a local SEO strategy must consider a number of different elements.
To help you better optimize your law firm's website for local SEO, below we offer seven strategies for local lawyer SEO.
1) Local Search Submissions: Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have free local business listings. All you are required to do is fill out info about your business and to then verify your listing. With Bing, you can have an aerial map that allows you to pinpoint the exact location of your business. Listing allows your business to be visible in local searches using the chosen keyword. You could also submit your site to Yelp or CitySearch. Proper categorizing is necessary for a successful listing. Some listings allow you to even list the payment method/s accepted and your email.
2) Google AdWords: Although AdWords is designed more for PPC advertisers, you can earn a lot of valuable insights with data provided by the platform. Here you can track the search queries and visitor behaviors that impact your website. As a result, you can capture a wealth of information to hone in on your local SEO efforts.
3) Reviews: You could ask for reviews from customers. Customer testimonials are important in that they help to convince skeptical clients to buy whatever you are selling. You will be surprised just how many of your current customers are willing to provide testimonials if you ask. You can also have customer reviews on some local websites like Google Local and Yelp.
4) Listing on Community Sites: You could list your website on community websites like the website of your local Chamber of Commerce. This not only helps you list your website locally, but it also helps you get links from a credible website. Link building is one of the most effective White Hat SEO techniques. Another option is listing with your trade organization, preferably a local organization or the local branch of the organization. Yet another option is listing on a local business directory.
5) Localize Keywords: Use localized keywords that are bit variant from the norm. As an example, include such keywords like "NYC," in addition to "New York." You'd be surprised at how many people use modified geo-local references in their search queries.
6) Focus on the Competition: Work on your keywords by using keyword research tools to come up with the most effective ones and do research on what successful competitors are doing so that you can borrow from their strategies.
7) Twitter: Using Twitter for your lawyer SEO increases the chances of your business, brand, or a particular product going viral. Creating a Twitter account is easy and free. Make regular updates and attract as many followers as possible. Offer meaningful information on your updates.
To learn more about local SEO for your law firm, check out this local SEO guide with great insights for all types of campaigns.continue...
Although most law firms have been cautious to dive into social media marketing, now many legal practices are realizing the significance of going social as an effective and efficient part of marketing their legal services. Not only does social media contribute to acquiring more and better cases, but having a strong social media presence can help a firm establish a powerful and well-recognized brand image.
There are three social media platforms that are essential for lawyers and law firms alike. Below is an overview of these three platforms, along with some tips on how to build law firm web marketing strategies for each of them.
For geo-relevant, lawyer-related keyword searches, some law firms are positioned higher in local search results. This is because these local firms have created well-optimized Google+ Local pages. These pages are huge advertising sources for locally focused companies.
It is recommended that you build a Google+ page for both for your law firm brand (a Google+ Local page) as well as personal page for yourself. Besides increasing your online visibility and potential rankings in organic search results, Google+ is a social media platform that can connect you with potential clients and fellow legal professionals (for referrals.)
To help you optimize your Google+ pages, consider these following tips:
* Verify you firm's Google+ Local page to be a legitimate location or place
* Populate your firm's "About" information with keyword rich content
* Upload professional, audience relevant images
* Make use of videos and other media that will help market your law firm
* Add a link to your firm's website or other online resources
* Establish Google authorship by linking to you blogs
With so many individuals on Facebook, it's hard for lawyers and law firms not to take advantage of this social touch point. Here are a few tidbits that may enlighten you on how to use Facebook as a social marketing platform for your firm.
* The average duration a common user spends on Facebook is 55 minutes per day. That’s a solid chunk of time. Your brand needs less than one minute of that time to make its impact. Be sure to post only valuable content that speak to their interests.
* Utilize different types of Facebook pages. Contrary to your personal Facebook profile page, branded Facebook page allows your firm to build a credible presence online, establish an area for open discussions, automatically accept followers, and share legal knowledge and insights by promoting you content.
* Create space for more Facebook fans. The average Facebook user has about 193 friends on their account. In addition, if one person likes your firm's Facebook page, friends of that person may see interaction through their Facebook Newsfeed. This can further promote you brand's visibility while growing your following.
* Take advantage of Facebook advertising. Facebook ads can help you make your law firm more visible online, especially from a local market approach. Facebook ads enable marketers to tailor highly focused campaigns based on many different targeting tactics, such as location, gender, interests, or age.
Perhaps one of the most valuable social marketing platforms of attorneys is LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a professional social media network with a lot of potential to connect with other attorneys for case referrals and legal insights. Below are just a few of the advantages of LinkedIn for law firms:
* Connect with other attorneys for case referrals
* Earn exposure from prospective clients
* Share you content and establish your professional credibility
* Build the company's web presence with more search visibility
* Staying up-to-date on news and insights in you legal practice area
LinkedIn continues to grow as one of the most powerful social media platforms for many different users. Its diversity and growth makes it one of the best for law firm and business web marketing.
To learn more about social media and it's impact on search and other Internet marketing channels, visit this page that defines "SEO'cial," a new approach to SEO and social media marketing.continue...
It’s the beginning of the fourth quarter and in business that means you should be planning your budget for the New Year. And whether you are a small business owner, run a medium-sized company or a big time corporation, nowadays you’d better include SEO in your budget.
Local media has become increasingly important when it comes to increasing your presence, as more and more people go to online sources for information, recommendations and reviews. Below we underscore some significant local media trends that are impacting search marketing and SEO as we know it.
Whether your business centers on lead generation from locall SEO or selling products via e-commerce, the following local media trends will influence your company in more ways than one.
• Mobile usage is growing at an incredible rate. Experts say currently that more than 70 percent of adults use mobile phones to access information, and that number will be as much as 90 percent within a year. That means 9 out of every 10 people will be using smart phones to find places to eat, shop, get repairs done, etc. So making sure that you are in the search engines that provide local information is of the utmost importance. Those would include Yelp and even the online Yellow Pages.
• Your also need to offer digital ads on a local level. Target is a prime example. When you live in Milwaukee and want to find something, you do a search for the item and it comes up with the places (and often prices) that a shopper can find it on a local level, and a store such as Target will tell you where its locations are in Milwaukee on the spot.
• Use media such as newspapers, magazines and broadcast media to make people aware of your products and services with their online presence. Banner ads on a media source’s website means all a shopper or potential client has to do is click on your banner and bam! That customer is sent to your website, and the rest is up to you once a visitor is there.
• A fast-moving trend involves the wearable device, such as phones that are worn like a watch and the new PULS from musician, producer and entrepreneur Will.i.am. With a voice command or touch, the user can access information literally in a heartbeat, so staying current with coupons and deals on a local level are going to become increasingly important.
• If you don’t want to budget in advertising on the pages of your area media, you can at least try to get involved with their social media. A lot of consumers use social media when making purchase decisions. If there is a story on your local NBC affiliate about the dangers of some pet foods, for example, you can hit the station’s Facebook page about your brand of dog food that features only veterinarian-approved ingredients.
• People are also moving toward using local media apps to pay their bills and conduct other financial transactions. It would be wise to look into including these services into your operation. For example, you can now take a picture of a check with your phone and it will be deposited to your bank. You can conduct business on the run with apps such as Square, which can run a financial transaction right through your phone.
It’s important to consider these trends when creating your local SEO and Internet marketing plan so that when people search for products and services they will get the most updated information on your business in literally an instant.continue...
Whether you have accepted it or not, our world has gone mobile. From the soccer mom to the CEO, we are all on the move. Our mobile devices seem like natural appendages that we were born with rather than a purchased addition to our daily lives.
This is the understandable standard of the modern day consumer and all businesses that function in today’s world need to take heed. As busy consumers, managers of family, and 9 to 5 employees and employers, home is pretty much everywhere. If a business wants to thrive in any market it has to listen to the consumer, and the consumer is saying; catch me if you can.
When utilizing mobile devices is a consumer’s prime source of information, business need to understand the importance of the local content more often tendered during a search engine mobile search. 94 percent of smartphone users are searching for a location. 51 percent visit those locations, 48 percent called those locations, and 29 percent made purchases from those locations. These are significant numbers that suggest the imperative need for SEO strategies to be locally tailored.
Out of 1.3 billion Facebook users, 390 million of them only use mobile devices. This is a massive amount of potential consumers to alienate by not having your company optimized for mobile search engines. Your clientele as a businessperson and a small business owner in particular will be derived from local patrons. It is in our nature to seek out propitiousness. The closer the establishment we are looking for is; the better chance that it will be our selection. This again is why a local SEO strategy is a game plan worth implementing.
Local businesses can easily highlight their establishment on the mobile search engine scene with basic knowledge. For one, customize your local SEO strategy to target Google and Yelp, who according to Jori Ford, the head of SEO at Spothero Inc., are the only listings that matter. You’ll want your company description to include your service or product type in its rightful category.
You need to list specific information like your store hours and direct phone number. The more information given, the better chance you have of a consumer checking out your listing over your competitors.
Consumers respond to ratings. The average consumer relies on reviews and ratings to determine their choice of business. Host a section of ratings and reviews on your site. This is undoubtedly an effective SEO practice. Connect to Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google+. This will make you visible in local search terms. Nifty tools will attract a consumer to your site over others every time. Features like click to call, local map tracking, and social posting are conveniences that are often sought out by consumers.
Lastly, all of these tips to help you prepare a mobile-friendly SEO plan are for not if you don’t prepare yourself for the positive reaction to your efforts. 3 PM to midnight are peak hours for consumers contacting local businesses that they found through a local business mobile search engine. 75 percent of customers believe that it takes too long to make contact with a business over the phone. If you don’t answer when a customer reaches out, you will in turn miss out on their patronage.continue...
Since the Google local 3-pack rankings replaced the 7-pack, people have been fighting to get their websites in top three for them to appear on the first page of search engine results.
Citations, are include mentioning of a business name, phone number, or address on other websites, are among the most important factors that help local SEO to achieve their top ranking goal. Google and Bing local Search use the number and citation source quality in the ranking algorithm.
Having accurate citations is a definite must when it comes to local SEO and getting your practice to rank in the Google search. This is especially the case when it comes to Google's relatively new 3-pack listing structure (implemented in late 2015).
Citations are one of the most important factors for Google local 3-pack SEO (almost like backlinks for organic SEO) because Google looks at the quality and authority of the websites used for citation, and will rank a business accordingly. When you have your basic citations aligned (such as Facebook, Google+, Yelp, etc.,) ideally you want to keep going and build citations that will lend your company greater visibility and authority.
According to Yext.com the top directories and sources of citations are: Google+ Local, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yellowpages.com, Yelp, Local.com, WhitePages.com, Manta, SuperPages, and in that order.
Although these directories and citations may not make a significant difference in market areas with no competition, they are crucial in other competitive regions. Besides, they are more important for local businesses that do not own their website. In such cases, Google will pull data from other sites when it cannot get information from an official site.
A standardized process for determining a citation source's quality doesn't really exist. When determining the quality of a citation, there are several things to consider. Among them are: the quality of the link profile, the domain's age and authority, and such simple things like the quality of the look of the website. Is it maintained? Does it look fresh? SEOmoz.org is another great resource for figuring out what determines the quality of citations.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.