Google Plus (or "Google+") is now one of the most popular social networking sites. This is one of the mostly because it provides more than what the other social networking sites have to offer.
Most individuals may see Google Plus as an extension of Twitter and Facebook. However, what more people are beginning to realize is that this emerging social platforms has features and benefits that are far more advantageous, especially for businesses and brands.
In addition to interacting with other legal professionals and individual users, Google Plus activity can be displayed in Google search on relevant keyword queries. This means that having a Google Plus presence can help your local website marketing strategy.
Like Twitter and Facebook, the initial goal of your Google Plus marketing efforts is to build a strong following. Below we share a number of tips and strategies to grow your law firm's Google Plus following.
1. Share Content: Sharing content is perhaps the most powerful way to attract new followers. Focusing on sharing content that interesting and very relevant to your target market. Additionally (and also like Twitter,) take advantage of using hashtags in front of relevant keywords that describe your posts. This can help your post become found when other users explore related topics.
2. Interact: After you have created a nice looking profile page that signifies your law firm's brand, take the time to explore Google Plus and some of the relevant content that's out there. Leave comments or "+1's" on the posts and updates of other businesses and individuals. This generates awareness of your brand and could lead to more traffic coming to your profile page (and more followers.)
3. Add Google Plus Widgets to Your Web Properties: Be sure to add the Google Plus widget on your blog and the webpages of your site. We suggest including both the "+1" button and the "G+" widget that takes people to your Google Plus page. In addition to help increasing your followers, this can also helps with local SEO by sending social signals (authority) on your website. Consider adding a link in the biography of your profile.
4. Actively Find Followers: Search for people in your legal profession or practice area. Having such people in your circles is advantageous because it may further lead to the acquisition of more relevant followers. Use the “Find People” feature on the Google Plus account's circles tab. Or you could try "exploring" related content and referencing the sources as potential followers.
5. Link to Your Profile: A good alternative to building links solely to your website (for SEO,) build links to your Google Plus profile page. This will help steer traffic to your profile while increasing its overall search engine authority.
Stay diligent with your social media marketing efforts via Google Plus. Because Google is focusing on a more local orientation with both its search results and social network, the advantages for your law firm are plentiful. Reach out, share content, and make your presence known!continue...
The organic search results will always be the best place to optimize your firm's web presence. The local organic search results especially offer tremendous value of law firms in capturing quality, lead-generating search traffic.
It is now more common than ever to see local organic search results (with the Google Map) for almost any geo-relevant keyword search. And what's significant about these localized search results is that it's not just a well-optimized website that influences a company's rankings, it's the company's Google Plus page.
Take a look at the screenshot below for the Google search "dui attorneys". Notice how Google recognizes that I am searching from Peoria, Illinois, and how shows local organic listings based on this information.
Although the main link headline for each law firm's local search listing (e.g "LeFante Law Offices, P.C.") will take users to the firm's website, notice the link below the URL that says "Google+." Similar to Google Places pages (which were replaced back in May of 2012,) Google Plus pages are integrated in the local organic search results.
So not only is a strong website helping a firm see top local search rankings, but it's Google Plus page plays a role too. This is redefining the practice of SEO to a more broad approach that incorporates social media. At the Law Firm Web Marketing blog, we call this web presence optimization
There are a number of variables on a Google Plus page that can influence a firm's local search rankings. The most powerful contributors of an authoritative Google Plus web presence include:
* having a "Follow us on Google+" link on the law firm's website pointing to the firm's Google Plus page
* ensuring that the address on the Google Plus page has been verified (requires Google to send businesses a PIN verification via postcard)
* having a well populated Google Plus page that withholds an adequate amount of information about the law firm
* earning a high number of Google Plus reviews, preferably positive
We hope these tips will help you web presence optimization strategy. Remember, SEO and social media a merging. Think of you strategy in holistic manner of optimizing your firm's entire web presence, not just its website.continue...
At the Law Firm Web Marketing blog, we have compiled some of the most powerful social media marketing tips for your law firm. We hope some of these tips will inspire to be a better social marketer.
* Create a dedicated group on Facebook to keep in touch with colleagues and prospects that you met at past meetings and conferences. These social groups are a great way to great a meaningful community for collaboration, but more importantly, law firm branding.
* Measure the ROI of social media by using performance software. You may make comparisons regarding traffic quality brought to your website from social platforms, and guage which are most effective.
* Your social media strategy needs to answer a few easy questions: Who is your law firm's target audience? What do they expect from your firm on these social media platforms? How is the firm's social media marketing strategy going to evolve?
* You have a blog for your law firm and use the great content of your blog as promotional tool via social media. This is called content marketing, and it's a highly powerful way to gain more clients and quality relationships with other law firms.
* The social medium is not the purpose of you strategy, but rather your message is the purpose. Therefore, keep in mind that Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter are to be used as a tool for delivering your message and not the strategy.
* Create blog content for your target visitors rather than for your law firm's brand (or SEO efforts.) This is very common with startup law firm. They often blog about entrepreneurship, marketing, and other topics that are not of interest to their target audience.
* If you intend to use the social media for customer service, try to picture your working hours on Twitter in terms of the working hours you have for your own support team.
* Consider social media marketing as storytelling and image your clients as the characters of the story. Try to imagine what can motivate them and the patterns they portray. Let their wants, actions and needs drive your story.
* Hashtag-stuffing tweets will not work to drive you more traffic. Research has revealed that Tweets having over three hashtags have received fewer click-throughs compared to those with no hashtags.
There's obviously more to social media marketing than these tips. However these tips are often valuable for law firm web marketers. To learn more quality tips about social media marketing, visit this page about social marketing insights and services.continue...
Long informative posts are over-rated. So in this short post, I will outline three momentous tips for local SEO. Although these SEO tips are quite simple, they will significantly help to increase your law firm's search ranking in the Google local listings.
Although Google Plus is a social media network, it directly correlates to the local organic search listings. When you have your Google Plus page created and populated, there are two important tasks you'll want to do in order to gain the most local SEO value:
1. Include a link on the law firm's website that directs to its Google Plus page. The exact HTML code for this link can be found on the Google Plus page while in edit mode. The code snippet will include the recommended anchor text “Follow us on Google+” along with a “rel=publisher” snippet in the link’s code.
2. Add a link on law firm's Google Plus page that points to its website. These is a specific field for this located on the About tab on the Google Plus page.
These two links alone will provide the "verification" need to give your listing a jump in Google local search. Think of this as a credibility measure of being one within the house (Google, that is.)
Generating link popularity is one of the most highly-sought after sources for better search rankings. However, instead of finding high authority link sources (or websites with high PageRank,) seek out local link sources.
As a law firm, one of the best places to start is with the local connections you already have. Perhaps you can write a guest blog post for a fellow attorney in the area. Because that blog has local relevance with your website, any backlinks you add in the article will have greater value for local SEO.
You should also scout for local web directories, as well as directories that reflect law or your specific legal practice. The idea is that you want to generate link popularity from relevant sources, not just high authority sources.
You may have heard of a little phrase called inbound marketing. It flows directly with content marketing, which is producing and sharing awesome content with the intention of inbounding traffic directly to your website or landing page.
From a lawyer's perspective, think about the forms of content that will educated your audience. Perhaps you handle DUI defense cases. You could write an informative article about DUI defense and share it using various social media networks. Interested readers may then turn to you for legal help regarding their DUI case.
When you think about it, these three local SEO tips are interrelated. Google Plus and guest blogging opportunities help you share and gain further the content you produce. Let us know what you think of these tips, or if you have additional tips to add.continue...
The best SEO practices change constantly. Today, law firm SEO is focusing more on social media engagement and real marketing. That means, keyword optimized web pages and automated link building tactics have become obsolete and social integration has become more prominent.
If you want to attract real audience and establish real connections, your law firm SEO strategies must be focused on legitimate marketing principles. In a simple meaning, you must give importance on high quality content and social media engagement. Here is an analysis of a few marketing strategies that you can create for your law firm.
Social media is very powerful and they have significant role in the future of your law firm SEO strategies. Google plus is one of the most important social media that your firm must address. Google Plus plays a huge role in the organic search results of Google.
Therefore, you need to establish the Google Plus presence of your law firm as soon as possible. You will surely get more quality followers from Google Plus. If you can make more influence on search results, you can achieve your goals very easily. At the same time, you should also concentrate on promoting your law firm through other social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
You must treat the content and appearance of your law firm website judiciously. It must range from images to copy. You must create a strong sense of overall perception and motive behind your target search market. You need to understand the purpose of your website.
This will help you to create a conversation-oriented content, which helps to get strong cases. You must also evaluate the overall layout and design of your website. The design must be SEO friendly, up-to-date and highly attractive to the users.
You need to create a solid content marketing strategy with diverse content portfolio. Articles, press releases and blogs are primary forms of link building. Besides these, you must engage in rich media content such as infographics, videos and podcasts.
You can also make creative for your law firm. Then, try to build a plan, which is well in-line with your target audience. The strategies must also incorporate the media capabilities of your law firm.
The legal market place is highly competitive. Therefore, it is not good to speak to masses. Instead, you can focus on carving a niche in your specific area of practice. If you get potential clients, you can earn more respect.
This is the outcome of higher quality cases and referrals. You may be well educated, but at the same time, you need to build a powerful reputation to succeed in this field. You need to prove your expertise in your area.
Internet marketing will help you to create a high reputation. A catchy headline, few introductory sentences, useful information, etc are the elements of great content. You can start with 10 or more articles that really uphold the fundamental believes of your firm.
These can be a combination of text, video, audio, etc. You must select the right format that your audience prefers. You must also create well-focused content for your landing pages. A great intro can attract lots of audience. The marketing game of law firms has changed drastically with the web. So, create tools and innovations to achieve great returns with respect to your lawyer SEO and web marketing strategy.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.