If you are looking for local web marketing tips that could be beneficial to your law firm or legal practice, there are numerous channels and considerations that you could explore. Some of these tips are more broad-based and on a grander scale, whereas other tips are much intricate and involve specific aspects of a website.
Here are 8 tips that could be the most useful for law firm web marketing:
1. Establish goals for your firm. Owning a website is something most businesses will have, but you should know exactly what its ultimate purpose is. A good approach to this is start with very focused goals and expand out it as you start realizing success in the initial goal(s). In addition to this, you should figure out a way to measure the success of achieving your goals. For SEO or Internet marketing, this might depend on website traffic data.
2. Evaluate the content of your website. Having a website is meaningless if your content is not relevant, unique, and of value. Take some time to review your web copy from the perspective of your target audience. Is the content of your website useful to your readers? Do you use legal jargon that might confuse readers? How well optimized is the content for SEO? Some of theses question might help you find weaknesses and opportunities on your website.
3. Evaluate the title tag of your website. When you open your website on a browser, what does the top of the browser window say? The title tag is supposed to describe your website uniquely. It should contain the keywords that you would like to be associated with the content of the page. If you are running a local business, the title tag should contain local search keywords that would make it easier for local customers to find your website.
4. Track and analyze your web traffic. You cannot improve on your website if you cannot measure its success. By incorporating analytics in the running of your website, you get a chance to reap useful data such as where most of your web traffic comes from, the amount of time they spend on your website as well as what they look for on your website. A great tool to use for this is Google analytics. Here you can polish up your web marketing efforts by learning from valuable data and insights.
5. Make use of local business directories. The greatest advantage of these directories is that they are free. Listing your website in these directories will increase your web traffic, which in turn could boost the sales of your business. Some of the free directories you could enlist with include Google Local Business Center, Yellowpages.com, Yahoo! Local and more. These directories can really help boost your local small business SEO efforts.
6. Analyze your competition. You can do this by paying a visit to their websites to see how theirs are set up. You could also conduct searches related to your keywords to see who else is providing the services that you are. By keeping tabs on your competition, you get to learn what you are doing different as well as get tips from their marketing strategies.
7. Start a blog. All law firms can gain a lot by having a blog. This gives you a platform to provide pertinent information in your niche, which leads to people wanting to learn more about your goods or services. Not only can a blog help inbound traffic to your website (via SEO and social media,) but blogging helps to establish your image as credible and knowledgeable expert in your field.
8. Post videos online. Multimedia can go a long way in benefitting your business. Make use of websites such as YouTube and MetaCafe to increase your web traffic. Optimizing videos for SEO can also have a huge benefit to your local law firm web marketing efforts.continue...
Just like any other business venture, web-driven companies and online stores that invest in SEO usually demand for a sound ROI. Even though it depends on the initial diagnosis and other underlying reasons why and how an SEO campaign was launched, most business owners usually demand immediate results in terms of increased traffic and improved sales.
Unlike other forms of marketing where the results may not be accurately measured, the opposite is true for SEO; the results are measurable and can therefore be weighed and measured against targets on a real time basis.
As a business owner, don’t fall into the trap of demanding for immediate results during your campaign. Instead, opt for a solid SEO campaign strategy and have an SEO professional walk you through the entire process. This will ensure that you not only understand the process but also appreciate the intricacies of the process. To assist you through the process, here are 5 technical SEO and website optimization tips worth taking into consideration when engaging the SEO services of an expert or agency.
If you are looking for an SEO professional, never settle for one who claims that he or she can guarantee a number 1 ranking in less than six months. This is mainly because research has shown that the benefits of a well executed SEO strategy don’t usually manifest themselves for at least twelve months. Adopting other tactics which may get your rankings to the top in a short span of time may be good in the short term but are usually catastrophic in the long run.
For the best results and avoidance of any doubt, business owners are advised to come up with a realistic and feasible timeline of expectations with the expert or professional at the onset of beginning of the campaign. This often centers on a comprehensive SEO site audit. Such a timeline should be explicit, stating clearly what the expectations are and what should be done if they are not met. It is also important to come up with another timeline once the audit has been done, this is important because it shows how effective the campaign has been over a certain period of time and whether initial goals are being met.
When developing timelines, make sure that the timelines are action oriented and that they are properly segmented into actions and action plans. Contained in these timelines should be details such as three to five weeks for a comprehensive site audit, two months for complete and thorough content revamp, one to two months for undertaking any technical changes, three to four months for link acquisition etc. The importance of these details cannot be overemphasized enough since they provide the entire team with an easy to follow chart of activities which when considered in totality, make the entire campaign easy to manage and hence ensure its success.
When searching for someone to run your campaign, make a point of getting someone who will not only deliver results, but provide you with sustainable results which can drive the company's web presence forward and outwit competitors. Even though getting fast results may solve the immediate problem, sustaining the gains may become an issue if the underlying factors which led to the growth were not fully understood and supported by appropriate business decisions.
Even though you may be fully aware about what you want to come out of the campaign, break it down into small achievable goals which are easy to manage and also act as a boost to energize you to achieve the next goal. Instead of trying too hard to succeed in SEO via one huge effort, create something small that’s great then measure its performance and use that momentum and lessons learnt to propel you forward and create another starting point from which you can continue improving and perfecting your SEO campaign fully.
In conclusion, it must be understood that any SEO campaign is not an event but a process. This particular process is continuous and for all intents and purposes is never ending. As a business owner, you must be ready and willing to get into such an undertaking for the long haul and with long term goals in mind. This though does not mean that SEO campaigns cannot be run on a short term basis, this can happen if there is a short term or seasonal goal(s) which needs to be achieved at a particular time; but such campaigns are an exception rather than the norm.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.