As savvy marketer, by now you should know the importance of finding and building citations for local SEO (ranking higher in the Google local listings.)
Because citation generation is a lot of work, it's important to use the right resources and guidance. This post is dedicated to sharing the best resources to pinpoint citation building opportunities and advance your local SEO efforts to the next level.
1. Start by checking your current citations via www.GetListed.com Use this listing as a starting point. Verify the information that has already been cited to ensure that it is accurate before moving forward.
2. Clean up your existing citations first. Do this before moving forward to list your business on any further sites. Citations that are incorrect offer no benefit to you. Correcting the information will begin to raise your rankings almost immediately. Incorrect citations are often the reason behind why people may not find you via local search engines, which decreases your rankings.
3. Comply with Google Webmaster Guidelines. If you have not yet made yourself familiar with them, do so now at Support.Google.com.
4. Use Google Mapmaker in order to determine if there are multiple citations on the same sites.
5. Prepare your company’s information in a template. The use of a template will ensure consistency amongst citations and it will also guarantee that no information will be accidently omitted. Include the following elements, if applicable.
6. Conduct a NAP (Name, address and phone number) search on Google and ensure that your NAP information is accurate. You can also use Yext.com and the free scan they offer.
7. Change your mindset. Instead of trying to have a citation everywhere, ensure that your citations are relevant to your industry and target audience.
Building and creating citations can be quite time consuming, but the benefits are well worth the time. You do have the option to outsource the work to a credible SEO marketing company should you desire. Simply ensure that you properly vet companies to ensure that compliance are met alongside needs.
When embarking upon this venture for yourself, it is imperative to be extremely organized and use a best practices SEO guide. Utilized the cloud services of Google documents for the storage and sharing of your spreadsheet that will keep track of your citations (and corrections).continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.