The landing page, also called lead capture page, is extremely important for all types of web marketing campaigns. The main reason why the landing page is so significant is because it's the place where people who click on your links (whether in the organic listing or paid listing) are taken.
For legal professionals, the landing page is mostly used for Pay Per Click advertising and email marketing. This particular page has to be properly written if prospects are going to take action. Whether you have a reference, sign-up, or a transactional-based landing page, one cannot overstate the importance of great content.
Note that writing compelling landing page copy is different from writing a blog post or traditional webpage of a site. Below are several tips that will help you ensure that your landing page copy is solid and attractive for users.
1. Use the second person perspective when writing: Use ‘you’ and ‘your’ instead of ‘I’, ‘we’ and ‘our’. This helps you forge a strong connection between what you are offering and visitors to your website. It also helps you better demonstrate the value of whatever you are offering since the readers will be able to visualize how they can use the product or service and how the product/service is likely to impact their lives.
2. Emphasize on clarity: Your emphasis should be on clarity, not creativity. Be as direct as possible and avoid jargon that detracts visitors from considering the message. Use a single sentence for everything you are trying to communicate whenever possible.
3. Use language that is action-oriented: Ensure that the language used makes use of action verbs, just as is the case with call-to-action copy. Consider the blink test, which is the three seconds you get to orient Web users to a new Web page. The landing page should be such that visitors are able to see what they can do on the Web page within three seconds. Using action verbs is important because definitive instructions are more likely to be followed by visitors.
4. Use language that is value-oriented: The language you use in the content should convince visitors that the time spent filling out forms is not lost. Have a headline for every one of your landing pages. A good headline is one that explains the benefits of whatever you are offering or you are suggesting that Web users do. An example of a good heading is; “With this coupon code, you stand to get…” The heading should not only explain the features, but also the benefits. Some of the benefits may be obvious to the visitor, but point them out nevertheless.
5. Use reader-specific keywords: Most of us do keyword optimization with SEO in mind, but do not forget the actual reader when writing for keywords. The keywords in your call-to-action should align with the keywords in the important parts of your landing page (the parts where the visitors will first look to find out what you are offering).
6. Use the correct format: The sentence structure should be such that landing page copy is no longer than five lines. Break it down with headers of different sizes, parentheticals, bold text, bullets, checkmarks, and italics.
7. Proofread the landing page copy: Proofread to ensure the spelling, consistency, and grammar are on point. This is an obvious yet sometimes overlooked aspect for writing landing page copy.
Landing page optimization is often times and ongoing process of determining the copy that works best. The design of your landing pages is also critical, such as the placement of images and calls-to-action. We hope this post has been enlightening for you and your landing page optimization efforts.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.