Blogging has emerged as a full time income source many different individuals. Marketers in particular are joining the blogging endeavor, for the cost-effectiveness and ease of success offers great potential to gain exposure, generate leads, and improve revenue streams.
However, solid blogging requires a lot of effort and smart implementation to become successful. Below we outline some of the best practices of blogging:
If you want to earn leads (and money) by blogging, you should definitely be a proficient writer. When you are coming up with a blog article ideas, find something creative, interesting, and relevant to talk about. The objective is to create content that captures the interests of a target audience, and hope that your audience follows your blog for the long haul.
In order to attract readers to your blog, you will need to invest some time in marketing your work. Some of the most efficient ways to obtain a strong readership is through social mediums. Twitter is great way to expose your content to a relevant audience, and it's free. Also free are tools like Facebook, which can help you attract a more long-term following and help your blog become more viral.
Patience is very much needed to become a successful blogger. It is not uncommon to invest several months into your blog without seeing any true value in return. It takes some time to get noticed by people. In addition, it takes time for search engines to index and rank your blog, so it may take awhile before you start realizing search engine traffic.
It is also key to interact with your visitors regularly. Make sure that you answer their queries in the comments section of your blog, and provide honest feedback when necessary. Interaction is also key with your social media marketing efforts - respond to Facebook comments, Tweet regularly, and post alluring incentives or comments that attract readers.
You need to be a humble blogger; character will help you to sustain the reputation of your blog. If you come across as courteous, creative, honest, and respectful, people will honor your blog and offer you respect (and readership) in return.
When it comes to blogging for a legal practice, these best practices are essential to be successful. They help instill a greater sense of confidence in your audience, and can turn curious readers into quality clients.continue...
In the U.S., an eMarketer survey indicates that Internet users will increase by 3.1% to reach 239 million by the end of 2012. This means 75.6% of the US population will be online by the end of the year.
Such numbers are important for anyone wishing to venture into building a brand on the web, particularly for law firms and legal professionals. Currently, blogging is one of the best platforms to support your online business and penetrate more markets. Content marketing via blogging is exceptionally advantageous for legal professions in communicating their cause and capabilities.
However, not all blogs fare well to their target audience, and many try to cover far to many subjects without establishing a focal niche. If you want your online brand to advance via blogging, you should look into these 5 characteristics of successful blogs.
Whenever you are publishing your blog, always research your content to avoid boring your readers. There is a lot of information available and if readers realize you are veering away from the topic they can switch any second. Blogging is not just fun, but serious business and it is better not to update than add nothing to the reader’s quest for information. In essence, stay focused on you blog's niche, or practice area of law.
Readers like compelling articles written from your own perspective. As such, they need your personality to be written all over the content at all times and this will make it easier to relate to your blogs. In most cases, giving responsibility to another webmaster will sell you away immediately and this can be seen from the comments given. Try to dill down your own niche in terms of style and make it interactive.
Blog management does not come naturally and as such, you have to keep going on and on until you have an audience. However, this is not the end of the journey but a beginning, because retaining this audience is a herculean task. Always have faith in what you write and expect forthright criticism; this is the Internet after all. Passion is the drive that makes you brave enough to continue even when odds are against you.
Always make sure you update your content even if there is a dearth of information around. Readers come to your blog for new information and when they lack the same, they will seek other avenues of information. Consistency is the underpinning of any successful branding blog.
A successful blogger is not a ‘yes’ person but one who constantly questions rationale in everything. This is the only way to create rapport with the curious readers who flock online for new provocative ideas. As such, your blog should not be a mundane regurgitation of the obvious but a platform of novelty.
These 5 characteristics of successful blogs can help resuscitate your fledgling blog and make it rank highly in the niche of your legal services. Information is power and in all these traits, it is this maxim that will define your success as a legal professional .continue...
Content marketing can be a very powerful tool for lawyers when executed correctly. Publishing your content in the right places can help you establish yourself as an expert in your area of practice. This can not only lead to opportunities in attracting quality cases, but can establish your brand reputation on the Internet.
Below we offer a few tips that will help make your content marketing efforts more effective.
Although you want to reach the masses, it is best to narrow down your niche when writing and publishing content. This means that your blog or article should have a specific focus. This will build you up as an expert in a given area while attracting a very specific audience.
It does not matter if you have clients outside this area of focus in the real world, what matters is building the image of an expert in a certain field. It is therefore important for you to select your niche.
If you can focus your content marketing on an untapped niche, or an area of practice that is less popular in your local market, this can offer even greater potential. This will give your content an enlightening edge and really distinguish your practice as unique.
If you have a blog, it is very important for you to remain on topic with your content. If you have a few different topics, such as various aspects of business law in which you want to cover, create different categories for you business blog that focus on each of these topics.
The title is huge when it comes to content marketing. Whether an article, blog post, or press release, the content's title must be compelling and highly relevant to specific group of readers.
The trick to writing a good title (without getting too lengthy) is to hint at an issue or problem that the target market may be faced with and present a solution. You can do this creatively, and in many cases, indirectly by just letting the topic or concern be present via the solution or remedy.
Some ideas for solid titles for online content is to use numbers, preferrably odd numbers, when offering several options or a list of solutions. For example, a catchy title that might grab a quality reader is "3 Things You Must Do If You Get a DUI." It is informative, action-oriented, and addresses a specific target audience.
A great SEO and web marketing technique to apply while publishing content is to make use of link building opportunities. Many article sites enable you to add links back to your webpages which is ideal for both content marketing call-to-action and quality, contextually relevant links.
Building your own blog is an effective way to have complete control over this. Just be sure to build links respectively and avoid any risks of over-optimization.
One of the easiest ways to generate and publish content is via your own blog. Whether it's an internal or an external blog, the inbound marketing opportunities are wealthy with solid blog content.
Although the content is the most vital factor in a blog, the appearance of a blog is also important. You should remember that first impressions do matter, especially online. The average internet user has a short attention span. Having a poor blog appearance is likely to put them off within the first few seconds.
It is important to capture their attention with the blog’s design to keep it long enough for them to start reading the content. You may have the best content on the Internet but no one will take the time to read it if the appearance of your blog is poor. In some cases, especially for large law firms, outsourcing your blog management services or utilizing your marketing team to manage your blog can be an effective SEO investment.
You should also strive to allow your personality to shine through your content marketing. Many readers of blogs and articles appreciate quality content because of its personal touch. Your content represents your brand and should honestly express who you are and what you can do as a legal professional.continue...
A how-to blog post is a descriptive form of content where you give people a step-by-step guide on how to do something. For law firms and attorneys, such blog post could provide insights on how to handle a certain legal situation or incident. Sharing informative content of the like can help potential prospects and clients earn you trust as legal professional.
Blogging is one of the most effective content marketing techniques. Creating a quality, topic-specific blog is advantageous in that it may establish yourself or your practice as reliable and highly proficient in your niche. Blogs allow for commenting. This is important because you will not only often times receive valuable feedback on the content you publish, but more importantly you are building your brand online.
If your how-to blog is to be successful, it should be optimized for search engines and it should captivate readers. You could kill two birds with one stone by ensuring you have quality content that relevant readers will want to link to (thus making your blog more authoritative and more impactful on you own link building efforts.)
So, how do you go about writing highly-effective how-to blog posts? Below we offer 11 tips to help you write compelling, highly informative how-to blog posts:
1. Type of content: Ensure that your content is leadership-based content, data-driven analysis, commentary on industry news, or a list-style post if you want to be taken seriously. These categories are advantageous over conventional how-to guides since you will most often have fresh content.
2. Choose the topic carefully: Your how-to topic has to be chosen carefully if the post is to have the desired effect. Generate several possibilities and brainstorm on the list over time with your customer team (the people who deal with customers every day such as sales representatives). Step into the shows of the target market and consider doing a survey. The title should strive to cover day-to-day concerns. A good title is one that tries to answer the questions that your customer team is asked every day. Go to a popular how-to blog for an overview of how a successful how-to blog post title is to be written. When deciding on your title, ensure that it speaks of exactly what readers will find on reading one. Once you have settled on a title, do not worry too much about the length at this stage – you will refine it later once you generate the content.
3. Brainstorm on the steps from the beginning to the end: Start the content generation by writing the outline of the steps your readers are to take. Your development team will come in handy at this. You could do this through your blogging tool whereby you make each step a header and fill in the blanks later. You can add subheadings to some steps if this will help you better explain the steps. Ensure that the steps are in the proper order and that they are comprehensive such that any reader who follows them exactly will get the desired result.
4. Introduction: Once you have the skeleton, write an introduction at the very top. This should indicate what you want readers to do and it should provide the context to eliminate the possibility of confusion. A good introduction is one that urges readers to read on. Include statistics and data here if possible to prove that the how-to topic is vital. It is important that you are specific in the introduction and that you do not overhype reader expectations.
5. Write instructions by filling in the steps: Once you are done with the introduction, write the actual instructions. Write in 2nd person (‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘yours’) for the best results. The transition between different steps should flow smoothly.
6. Be detailed, specific, and descriptive in the content: Write as if you are writing content to a 6th grader who does not know how to do anything you are describing. Do not tell readers to do something – tell them how do actually do it.
7. Link to credible resources: Your readers will appreciate links to valuable resources. These resources could be to websites that explain something you do not want to dwell on in greater detail. Describing some concepts in detail will derail you and it could lead to extremely long posts. The resource has to be credible (such as a .gov and a .edu link). You will get bonus points if you are the writer of the resource you are linking to.
8. Mention the tools to be used: Do not gloss over the tools that readers will require to accomplish whatever you are describing. You could even suggest specific tools and even where to get them. If you are writing the how-to blog to promote tools you are selling, ensure you do not oversell. Just mention the tools.
9. Include detailed examples: Examples go a long way in passing your point across. The best examples are real-life examples, but do not shy away from hypothetical ones if they mean greater emphasis. The example should be something readers can relate to.
10. Use visual explanations: Human beings are visual creatures and using visual components will help you a great deal. The visual components could be pictures of the different steps (such as how to change a tire), graphs, charts, or concept/content visualization. It is recommended that visual aid is accompanied with supportive text. When using video content, have a transcript on the Web page. Do not overuse videos since not everybody likes them and they slow down your loading speed.
11. Finesse your title: You will now have enough information to know what a good title will be. It should be concise, actionable, keyword-conscious, definitive, intriguing, and clear. A good title is one that starts with ‘How to…’.
Bonus - the takeaway or conclusion: To end the blog post, conclude with 1 or 2 sentences or ask a question that will spark further discussion. Include a call-to-action at the very end. Have a colleague go through the blog post to ensure it is free of grammatical, spelling, and structural errors since such errors bring you out as being unprofessional.
If you're seeking help on writing how-to blog posts for your blog, visit www.WebPresenceGroup.com for resources and services on blog writing and blog management services. The experts at Web Presence Group can help you develop an effective blogging strategy to meet your law firm's content marketing objectives.continue...
If you are looking for local web marketing tips that could be beneficial to your law firm or legal practice, there are numerous channels and considerations that you could explore. Some of these tips are more broad-based and on a grander scale, whereas other tips are much intricate and involve specific aspects of a website.
Here are 8 tips that could be the most useful for law firm web marketing:
1. Establish goals for your firm. Owning a website is something most businesses will have, but you should know exactly what its ultimate purpose is. A good approach to this is start with very focused goals and expand out it as you start realizing success in the initial goal(s). In addition to this, you should figure out a way to measure the success of achieving your goals. For SEO or Internet marketing, this might depend on website traffic data.
2. Evaluate the content of your website. Having a website is meaningless if your content is not relevant, unique, and of value. Take some time to review your web copy from the perspective of your target audience. Is the content of your website useful to your readers? Do you use legal jargon that might confuse readers? How well optimized is the content for SEO? Some of theses question might help you find weaknesses and opportunities on your website.
3. Evaluate the title tag of your website. When you open your website on a browser, what does the top of the browser window say? The title tag is supposed to describe your website uniquely. It should contain the keywords that you would like to be associated with the content of the page. If you are running a local business, the title tag should contain local search keywords that would make it easier for local customers to find your website.
4. Track and analyze your web traffic. You cannot improve on your website if you cannot measure its success. By incorporating analytics in the running of your website, you get a chance to reap useful data such as where most of your web traffic comes from, the amount of time they spend on your website as well as what they look for on your website. A great tool to use for this is Google analytics. Here you can polish up your web marketing efforts by learning from valuable data and insights.
5. Make use of local business directories. The greatest advantage of these directories is that they are free. Listing your website in these directories will increase your web traffic, which in turn could boost the sales of your business. Some of the free directories you could enlist with include Google Local Business Center, Yellowpages.com, Yahoo! Local and more. These directories can really help boost your local small business SEO efforts.
6. Analyze your competition. You can do this by paying a visit to their websites to see how theirs are set up. You could also conduct searches related to your keywords to see who else is providing the services that you are. By keeping tabs on your competition, you get to learn what you are doing different as well as get tips from their marketing strategies.
7. Start a blog. All law firms can gain a lot by having a blog. This gives you a platform to provide pertinent information in your niche, which leads to people wanting to learn more about your goods or services. Not only can a blog help inbound traffic to your website (via SEO and social media,) but blogging helps to establish your image as credible and knowledgeable expert in your field.
8. Post videos online. Multimedia can go a long way in benefitting your business. Make use of websites such as YouTube and MetaCafe to increase your web traffic. Optimizing videos for SEO can also have a huge benefit to your local law firm web marketing efforts.continue...
In the digital age that we live in, blogging has offered up a platform for people who would like to share their views online. Whether these views are personal or professional, it does not matter. The idea is share content of value with a relevancy audience. For law firm web marketing, a blog can help:
* inbound traffic to a website
* attract more social media followers
* establish the firm as trusted and credible legal resource
* aid search engine optimization (SEO)
One thing to note though is that the blogosphere is filled with millions of writers. With the introduction of AdSense by Google, quality blog writing makes it possible to earn money, which has stiffened the competition. Although blog creation is essentially free, you should consider the following points if your law firm plans to attract a solid following of readers.
1. Have clear objectives: Before you begin a blog, you should have a clear idea of which direction you would like it to go. One cannot simply wake up one morning and decide to write on anything and everything and hope to amass a following. You should know who your target audience will be before you can decide what content would be best suited to them. Go through different blogs and figure out how they are reaching their target audience then you can make a decision on what your niche would be.
2. Get into your readers’ minds: Blog readers tend to expect a lot from the author of the blog. If you think that simply having excellent grammar and being eloquent will cut it, you will be wrong. It does not matter what niche you will be writing about, you should ensure the content is unique for you to develop your own following. What will make readers choose your blog rather than go somewhere else and read about the same thing? One of the best ways of getting into your readership’s heads would be by enabling comments on each of your blog posts. This will let you get feedback, both positive and negative, and allow you to make the necessary changes.
3. Edit your content: When it comes to writing, most people will go with the flow and jot down what comes to mind first. This is all well and good but this cannot be your final work. You should edit all your blog posts to ensure that they are free of errors and the content can be understood in the context in which you want it to be comprehended.
4. Edit your images: If you want your blog to stand out, it is recommended you incorporate images to break up the content. Do not use substandard images though. Learning the ropes of image editing will go a long way in giving your blog a professional edge.
5. Design of your blog: The design of your blog is one of the most important considerations and possibly the hardest job to accomplish. Your template should match the overall theme of the blog. If you are not proficient in web design, it is recommended to hire the services of someone who is.
Blogging offers a wealth of advantages for all types of firms, especially on a more local level where trust, credibility, and word of mouth go a long way. We hope these tips help you develop an effective blogging strategy.continue...
Marketing in the 21st century is much more different from the way it were some years ago. Confused about your online content strategy? Wondering what plan of action will make the biggest impact on your bottom line?
With the addition of internet, social media, and email marketing, old school rules that were being used in the old gone days have no place this time round because people have come up with different ways of marketing, one which will reach many people and have an instant impact.
Days are gone when people were sending generic messages and have opted to rather more technological methods that are not only reliable but also the fastest so far. Sending an email and with in second its already received by the other party on the other end. Instead marketers are now opting to building strong relationships with their prospects.
Marketing is the process of promoting goods or services; the final objective is to sell these products. The focus of all marketing actions should be on the customer or client in order to stay profitable. Create, keep, and satisfy the customer should be your main goal. The 21st century marketing ids a lot more challenging and more advanced than the previous one. Due to the high level of technology and the extremely fast pace of technology development and new marketing concepts and tools. It’s always very difficult to keep up the pace and this article takes care of the main things that should be looked at when indulging in the internet marketing.
In the 21st century blogging has also proved to be then best of all marketing tip. Through blogging, one can reach any person fast and at the intended time and thus creating more awareness where needed. Blogs differ from different topics depending on the websites they are serving but mostly they revolve in the same topic.
Some of the tips to consider when using blogging as a way of marketing are as follows; you should post always post regularly and ensure that you post new ideas and fresh ones in this case. You should also be creative in what you will be posting and the areas where you feature more will be of marketing than story telling.
With blogging as a marketing tool, you should update your blogs regularly. As a steady flow of visitors begin to swarm your blog, you must ensure you have a proper marketing funnel in place. Blogging is a great way to share your content and your offer, a way to be heard. With the increasing number of bloggers in internet marketing you must set yourself apart in order to be recognized.
Having professional e-marketers is also a very important thing to note since; professional e-marketers are always the best people to have in making your internet marketing a success. They are ones that are always straight forward and very independent and judgmental.
www.Orseep.com is a leading SEO consulting expert company with experience and expertise brewing in its team of professionals. The company is open top any business wishing to explore the internet to expand its business horizons, feel free to visit the site today for more details.continue...
Content marketing is the use of content (things such as web copy, eBooks, blogs, podcasts, pictures, videos and articles) on a firm's website. By having useful information on the firm's website, versus just a pamphlet of useless information, it gives the firm the opportunity to draw in big clients.
Having a content marketing strategy gives less experienced lawyers the chance to have a portfolio available to anyone who crosses the firm's website. The website essentially turns into a professional profile that shows what kind of work the lawyer is able to handle. This portfolio also gives the lawyer the chance to direct their attention toward the audience the firm wishes to draw in. Posting videos of the lawyer or lawyers of the firm speaking on subjects that are close to their heart such as their personal views and philosophies can attract great amounts of new clients by making the lawyer seem human to the clients.
Establishing a place in the pecking order of lawyers is important, especially for lawyers just entering the field. By focusing on the audience the firm wishes to draw in, this gives the firm the opportunity to build a following of clients, other lawyers, and colleagues. When useful information is posted on the website regularly, the firm can be thought of as a trusted source of information in the law world.
Online content marketing strategies do not have to just focus on the particular lawyer's website. There are other prime opportunities on the internet today. There are industry websites that have available spots for individuals to post items. This would be a prime place to post items such as case studies or presentations. There are also practice area blogs. These practice area blogs would be the perfect place to post articles. Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+) are opportunities to post webcasts where many different individuals see it.
Content marketing is a way to make an ordinary website stand out amongst the rest. Lawyers gain credibility when posting information that is useful, not just content filler on the firm's website. In a day in time where lawyers are abundant, but good lawyers are not, content marketing makes one stand out amongst the rest.
About the Author: This guest post is contributed by Zara, a guest blogger from UK. She has written many articles on SEO, Health and finance. Apart from blogging she does research on ppi claims. Catch her @financeport.continue...
Some years back, it was thought that there was no need for professionals such as attorneys, lawyers, accountants and so on. Today, things have changed. All these professionals have discovered the power of Internet marketing and more so Internet marketing. Here are some hot Internet marketing tips that you can use to market your law firm on the web:
When the first few social media networks came into being, people started realizing how well they can network. Soon business enterprises followed suit. Here is a good platform through which law firms can make their presence felt. Look for select sites and create profiles. Ask people to like or link themselves to your page. In addition, join groups that are affiliated to lawyers. Make a point of adding comments there on a regular basis. For every comment you make, leave a link that can guide someone to your website.
Your firm could be having an award winning website where you have put photos and used good graphics. However, if you're not driving traffic to your website, it's reaching its fullest potential and purpose. If you want to attract more people to visit your site, you have to optimize it. Local SEO can be done by hiring professional firms or in-house. Local SEO involves posting well written articles covering different legal issues or services offered by your firm. In these articles, use keywords. Search for words that people browsing the web keep using when looking for law firms.
Unlike websites, blogs have an advantage in that they are regularly updated. Get into the habit of writing blogs. You can also hire article writers to provide you with quality articles for this purpose. Provide topics or keywords that can be incorporated on each blog. As an attorney, you are well aware of legal areas that people seek for most. It could be divorce, personal injury, inheritance and so on. At the end of each blog, have the writer post a link. Through this link, anyone who reads your blog can be directed to the main site. Here, they will get more information about your firm.
Make sure you submit your website links to online directories. In addition to the Internet marketing benefits, directories are also ideal for local SEO and search marketing. To be more specific, search for legal directories only as this is where the bulk of your potential clients are likely to be found. Surprisingly, most of these directories do not charge any fees for getting listed.
It is wise to know what your competitors are doing. Get some insights into what other firms are up to. Select a few website firms that are ranked among the top in the industry. Observe the way they have put content and the kind of keywords used. Take note of the way the sites have used SEO techniques and how they have worked for them. Interested in receiving an Internet marketing audit? Visit our services page to learn more about how our experts can help you with your law firm web marketing campaign.continue...
If you are starting a social media marketing (SMM) campaign, you need to know how blogging plays an important role in the success of this campaign. Through blogging, you can improve SMM in a number of ways. Learn how you can use your blog to enhance the social media marketing efforts of your law firm.
When you decide to place a link on either your Facebook wall or Twitter profile, make sure that it doesn’t sound as if your overly trying to promote your brand. Your friends or followers should never feel like you are trying to turn your profile or page into a sales and marketing arena. Placing the links will drive traffic to your blog and present you as an authority site since you are giving them knowledge.
When you are posting your links, you need to find better ways to ensure your blog content reaches out to a larger audience. First, make sure that you share your content when a majority of your audience is online. You can also add a photo beside the link to your blog. Photo posts usually receive higher engagements than simple links. Try and mention a few key influencers (authoritative people) or products, which you have included in your blog on your update. You can tag them on Facebook or use the @username on Twitter. When you do this, these people are also likely to share your blog content with their friends and followers on social media. This potentially enhances your business exposure.
You can do different things to encourage others to share your content. For a start, make sure there are social sharing buttons conspicuously placed at the top or bottom of your blog. Additionally, you can encourage your visitors to share your blog content by using a simple call to action in all of your posts. Simply request them to share this information after reading.
When you manage to get a good network of people who are interested in your blog content then you will be able to enhance your business through the loyal fans. There are different ways in which you can attract these relevant and targeted fans and followers through blogging. First, make sure you always add a call to action at the end of your post that encourages people to join or add you on their preferred social media network. Additionally, make follow buttons accessible on your blog so that people can easily follow you on social media networks.
When you do this, you increase the likelihood of getting more fans or followers. Make sure the ad is well created with a strong title, description and a captivating image. Make sure the blog post has a call to action at the end that is related to the legal services your firm has to offer. This way, your ads have a higher chance of generating more leads and quality cases.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.