For local legal practice, it is important that you optimize your law firm's website for greater online exposure, especially for the search engines.
Local search engine optimization (SEO) involves the optimization of a website, or a specific page, using both practice area keywords as well as geographic references.
The actual optimization is ensuring the combination of geo-target (e.g. "Dallas") and practice area (e.g. "Criminal Defense") are mentioned on the page, preferably in close proximity (e.g. "Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer").
However there's a lot more to local lawyer SEO than just keyword optimizing pages of a website. Now, with more social integration (via Google+) and other contributing factors that occur off the sites, a local SEO strategy must consider a number of different elements.
To help you better optimize your law firm's website for local SEO, below we offer seven strategies for local lawyer SEO.
1) Local Search Submissions: Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have free local business listings. All you are required to do is fill out info about your business and to then verify your listing. With Bing, you can have an aerial map that allows you to pinpoint the exact location of your business. Listing allows your business to be visible in local searches using the chosen keyword. You could also submit your site to Yelp or CitySearch. Proper categorizing is necessary for a successful listing. Some listings allow you to even list the payment method/s accepted and your email.
2) Google AdWords: Although AdWords is designed more for PPC advertisers, you can earn a lot of valuable insights with data provided by the platform. Here you can track the search queries and visitor behaviors that impact your website. As a result, you can capture a wealth of information to hone in on your local SEO efforts.
3) Reviews: You could ask for reviews from customers. Customer testimonials are important in that they help to convince skeptical clients to buy whatever you are selling. You will be surprised just how many of your current customers are willing to provide testimonials if you ask. You can also have customer reviews on some local websites like Google Local and Yelp.
4) Listing on Community Sites: You could list your website on community websites like the website of your local Chamber of Commerce. This not only helps you list your website locally, but it also helps you get links from a credible website. Link building is one of the most effective White Hat SEO techniques. Another option is listing with your trade organization, preferably a local organization or the local branch of the organization. Yet another option is listing on a local business directory.
5) Localize Keywords: Use localized keywords that are bit variant from the norm. As an example, include such keywords like "NYC," in addition to "New York." You'd be surprised at how many people use modified geo-local references in their search queries.
6) Focus on the Competition: Work on your keywords by using keyword research tools to come up with the most effective ones and do research on what successful competitors are doing so that you can borrow from their strategies.
7) Twitter: Using Twitter for your lawyer SEO increases the chances of your business, brand, or a particular product going viral. Creating a Twitter account is easy and free. Make regular updates and attract as many followers as possible. Offer meaningful information on your updates.
To learn more about local SEO for your law firm, check out this local SEO guide with great insights for all types of campaigns.continue...
In order to enhance web presence of a company or local law firm, PPC (or Pay per Click advertising) can be a highly efficient solution.
It is an Internet advertising method that is used to direct traffic to websites. Advertisers or companies pay their publisher who is usually the owner of a website when their ad is clicked. Companies bid keywords in search engines in the relevant target market.
PPC advertising is used by millions of companies worldwide. If you want some PPC optimization tips to better avoid most of the common mistakes (and have your metrics surge leading to more inquiries about your products and services,) you should take note of the following common mistakes. Being aware of these PPC advertising mistakes will help you optimize your PPC campaign for better performance.
In 2014 businesses need to be thinking beyond search engine optimization (SEO). What's working now is what we like to call web presence optimization. Web presence optimization is looking beyond simply trying to "game" Google and Yahoo to gain higher search engine rankings.
Web presence optimization is about developing your overall web presence through the different pillars of online marketing. In addition to organic SEO, below we look at why the holistic approach of web presence optimization works and what your business needs to do to take advantage.
Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising is one of the most important pillars of web presence optimization. PPC advertising has a major benefit that SEO lacks - predictability. With PPC you can guarantee a certain amount of visitors to your website or landing page, provided that you have the budget for it.
Unlike some other forms of online marketing strategies, there is little waiting time with PPC. Start a PPC campaign and you can have visitors to your website in minutes. PPC is also very good at delivering targeted visitors which have a high degree of probability of turning into buying customers. PPC advertising platforms include Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising and Microsoft Adcenter.
Social media marketing is one of the most important pillars of any web presence optimization strategy. Social media marketing is one of the most effective and least expensive ways of interacting with your audience and building your brand presence online. Compared to many other types of marketing it is relatively inexpensive. Sending out a tweet or updating your Facebook fan page is typically much less expensive than advertising in your local newspaper or on the radio.
Social media marketing is also essential because it can positively impact your SEO efforts. Social media marketing helps to broadcast the content that you produce to a wider audience. If your content is interesting or amusing your fans will share it with their own friends, family and co-workers. Social media marketing also allows you to interact directly with your audience. This can help you to your improve your products and services and offer superior customer service.
If you're hiring a web presence optimization company or freelancing expert to help in optimizing your web presence, they will need to be well rooted to your company's social media presence. In essence, they will need to learn the in's and the out's of your brand, its image, and overall tone.
The final pillar of your web presence optimization strategy should be content marketing. Content marketing can include blog posts, articles, videos, podcasts, infographics and presentation slides. By producing quality content that entertains or helps your prospective customer, you will naturally attract visitors to your website.
Creating great content is also very important for SEO. Google wants to deliver the best possible search results for its users. That means offering up high quality content. If you are producing consistent quality content you can be confident of achieving better search engine rankings. Great content is also one of the best ways to establish your industry expertise and build trust with your prospective customers.
A web presence optimization strategy involves taking a more holistic approach to the way that you are market your business online. By diversifying your marketing across the pillars mentioned above you will be building a stronger foundation for your business, not only now, but also in the years to come.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.