There are many SEO's and webmasters who are constantly trying to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to search engine optimization. The ideal SEO recipe that Google and other search engines tend to favor seems to change consistently.
The good news is that the best-practices of on-page optimization has remained fairly consistent after Panda - a Google algorithm change that penalized websites with duplicate and/or keyword stuffed content. Aside from the latter concern, the techniques of on-page optimization have remained pretty consistent in nature.
To better hone in on you on-page optimization efforts, we have compiled the SEO do's and don'ts for on-page optimization
1. Write a creative, keyword relevant title. The title is one of the most important parts of a web page. In addition to including the primary keyword target, the title is the main headline in the search engine placement, so it must sell too.
2. Use H2 and H3 tags where they're appropriate. These tags help the search engines understand the second and third most important headings of the page, and serve as ideal opportunities to use secondary keyword targets.
3. Add alt tags to your photos. This is not only simple to do, but it also adds a lot more keyword relevancy to the page. The image alt tags (or alternative tags) are there incase the image cannot be displayed. The text should reflect the image, however if keyword inclusion is always welcome.
4. Trim the fat. Slow loading pages get punished by Google. The Google team has made no secret that they are now ranking fast loading sites better due to their performance and overall user experience. If you are neck and neck with a competitor, removing unused scripts and choppy code may be enough to put you over the top.
5. Optimize keywords per page and align the page title, meta tags, and on-page copy with the respected keyword target. Don't attempt to optimize a page for a ton of keywords, just pick one or two.
6. Update your site often. The powers that be, love fresh content. Give them what they want and be rewarded. Blogs are a great way to keep fresh content flowing in a natural fashion.
1. Never stuff keywords in your content. This is an old trick and your site will only be penalized for over-using a keyword phrase on the pages. Use a natural flow while writing and allow the keywords to come out in an organic manner.
2. Avoid using hidden text. This is another old trick that the search engines are now privy to. If you try to hide text by making it the same color as your background, this can result in the site being penalized.
3. Do not promote off topic affiliate programs. Just a heads up, there are some offers out there that don’t look good on your site or to search engines, keep your ads clean and only display ads from reputable and relevant brands.
4. Re-size your images the right way. Many times people will use html code to re-size an image. The problem with doing it that way is the image still has to load entirely before resizing it. If you upload an optimized image to your site, it will boost load times and help your sites overall presence.
5. Avoid graphic intensive themes. This rule is here just to remind you that the more graphics you have, the slower the page may load. And unlike text, not all images are index-able, so they serve no good to the SEO effort.
We hope you can benefit from these on-page optimization tips. Thanks for visiting the Law Firm Web Marketing blog.
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.