Although most law firms have been cautious to dive into social media marketing, now many legal practices are realizing the significance of going social as an effective and efficient part of marketing their legal services. Not only does social media contribute to acquiring more and better cases, but having a strong social media presence can help a firm establish a powerful and well-recognized brand image.
There are three social media platforms that are essential for lawyers and law firms alike. Below is an overview of these three platforms, along with some tips on how to build law firm web marketing strategies for each of them.
For geo-relevant, lawyer-related keyword searches, some law firms are positioned higher in local search results. This is because these local firms have created well-optimized Google+ Local pages. These pages are huge advertising sources for locally focused companies.
It is recommended that you build a Google+ page for both for your law firm brand (a Google+ Local page) as well as personal page for yourself. Besides increasing your online visibility and potential rankings in organic search results, Google+ is a social media platform that can connect you with potential clients and fellow legal professionals (for referrals.)
To help you optimize your Google+ pages, consider these following tips:
* Verify you firm's Google+ Local page to be a legitimate location or place
* Populate your firm's "About" information with keyword rich content
* Upload professional, audience relevant images
* Make use of videos and other media that will help market your law firm
* Add a link to your firm's website or other online resources
* Establish Google authorship by linking to you blogs
With so many individuals on Facebook, it's hard for lawyers and law firms not to take advantage of this social touch point. Here are a few tidbits that may enlighten you on how to use Facebook as a social marketing platform for your firm.
* The average duration a common user spends on Facebook is 55 minutes per day. That’s a solid chunk of time. Your brand needs less than one minute of that time to make its impact. Be sure to post only valuable content that speak to their interests.
* Utilize different types of Facebook pages. Contrary to your personal Facebook profile page, branded Facebook page allows your firm to build a credible presence online, establish an area for open discussions, automatically accept followers, and share legal knowledge and insights by promoting you content.
* Create space for more Facebook fans. The average Facebook user has about 193 friends on their account. In addition, if one person likes your firm's Facebook page, friends of that person may see interaction through their Facebook Newsfeed. This can further promote you brand's visibility while growing your following.
* Take advantage of Facebook advertising. Facebook ads can help you make your law firm more visible online, especially from a local market approach. Facebook ads enable marketers to tailor highly focused campaigns based on many different targeting tactics, such as location, gender, interests, or age.
Perhaps one of the most valuable social marketing platforms of attorneys is LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a professional social media network with a lot of potential to connect with other attorneys for case referrals and legal insights. Below are just a few of the advantages of LinkedIn for law firms:
* Connect with other attorneys for case referrals
* Earn exposure from prospective clients
* Share you content and establish your professional credibility
* Build the company's web presence with more search visibility
* Staying up-to-date on news and insights in you legal practice area
LinkedIn continues to grow as one of the most powerful social media platforms for many different users. Its diversity and growth makes it one of the best for law firm and business web marketing.
To learn more about social media and it's impact on search and other Internet marketing channels, visit this page that defines "SEO'cial," a new approach to SEO and social media marketing.
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.