When it comes to social media marketing, Google+ is one of the most powerful platforms for law firm web marketing.
It is not only great for professional networking with other legal professionals (and getting referrals,) but Google+ can also work wonders by gaining more web exposure from like-minded people and potential clients.
Having a successful law firm web presence can be bolstered with Google+. Below we share a few tips and benefits to help your firm utilize Google+ for web marketing.
By using Google+, you can increase the chances of your firm gaining higher ranking when it comes to SEO. Now, Google+ activity is being integrated in the search engine results. So by building a strong Google+ following, you can you increase your search engine visibility by promoting your content and insights.
Additionally, Google+ is also integrated in local search. Having a well optimized Google+ Local page that's plentiful will reviews and valuable content can see top rankings in the Google local search results. For law firms, this can be a huge source of web traffic.
When it comes to Google+, you connect with people through circles. So what is a focused circle? This is people who have been grouped together due to the fact that they have similar interests whether in their personal or professional life.
Before including people into a particular circle for your law firm, you should establish what mutual benefits you will both be getting. By using circles, you get the opportunity to determine what your target demographic wants and figure out how best to provide it to them.
When it comes to driving traffic for your law firm's website, it is not simply about targeting all of the people in your local proximity. It's about targeting highly specific people and interests that will grow your firms web presence.
Focused content sharing ensures that you are reaching a targeted audience that will boost your sales. They will not only click the link to your website, but chances are they will also purchase your products, sign up for your mailing list and possibly recommend you to the people in their circles.
One thing to emphasize about web marketing is that it is dynamic process. In short, it never stays in one particular form. There are new developments, which could greatly improve on your law firm web marketing efforts.
A number of online business owners tend to have outdated content since they are not staying abreast with these trends. If you would like to increase targeted traffic to your website and boost sales, you should know what is hot in your particular niche.continue...
In the digital age that we live in, blogging has offered up a platform for people who would like to share their views online. Whether these views are personal or professional, it does not matter. The idea is share content of value with a relevancy audience. For law firm web marketing, a blog can help:
* inbound traffic to a website
* attract more social media followers
* establish the firm as trusted and credible legal resource
* aid search engine optimization (SEO)
One thing to note though is that the blogosphere is filled with millions of writers. With the introduction of AdSense by Google, quality blog writing makes it possible to earn money, which has stiffened the competition. Although blog creation is essentially free, you should consider the following points if your law firm plans to attract a solid following of readers.
1. Have clear objectives: Before you begin a blog, you should have a clear idea of which direction you would like it to go. One cannot simply wake up one morning and decide to write on anything and everything and hope to amass a following. You should know who your target audience will be before you can decide what content would be best suited to them. Go through different blogs and figure out how they are reaching their target audience then you can make a decision on what your niche would be.
2. Get into your readers’ minds: Blog readers tend to expect a lot from the author of the blog. If you think that simply having excellent grammar and being eloquent will cut it, you will be wrong. It does not matter what niche you will be writing about, you should ensure the content is unique for you to develop your own following. What will make readers choose your blog rather than go somewhere else and read about the same thing? One of the best ways of getting into your readership’s heads would be by enabling comments on each of your blog posts. This will let you get feedback, both positive and negative, and allow you to make the necessary changes.
3. Edit your content: When it comes to writing, most people will go with the flow and jot down what comes to mind first. This is all well and good but this cannot be your final work. You should edit all your blog posts to ensure that they are free of errors and the content can be understood in the context in which you want it to be comprehended.
4. Edit your images: If you want your blog to stand out, it is recommended you incorporate images to break up the content. Do not use substandard images though. Learning the ropes of image editing will go a long way in giving your blog a professional edge.
5. Design of your blog: The design of your blog is one of the most important considerations and possibly the hardest job to accomplish. Your template should match the overall theme of the blog. If you are not proficient in web design, it is recommended to hire the services of someone who is.
Blogging offers a wealth of advantages for all types of firms, especially on a more local level where trust, credibility, and word of mouth go a long way. We hope these tips help you develop an effective blogging strategy.continue...
As a lawyer or law firm marketer, is critical to have clearly defined roles within the firm. And although social media marketing might seem like a task best left for a minion, if you will, delegating social marketing duties often demand a more conscious approach.
Depending on the size of your firm, social media marketing might be quite the undertaking. For larger law firms, communicating to hundreds and thousands of Facebook or Google+ followers can have a major impact on the firm's brand. It is thus important that you find a person, or orchestrate a team, that is well suited to take on the firm’s social media marketing campaign.
If you’re on the fence about social marketing, it's important to keep in mind that social media marketing can work for any type of business model. But like any marketing endeavor, it's paramount to build a plan and have roles clearly defined.
Once you have established the groundwork and game plan, you can use social marketing to reach new markets and client, both locally as well as internationally, as well as connect with other lawyers for client referrals. Additionally, social platforms enable you to interact with your clients on a more personal level, helping to build the trust and credibility your law firm brand needs.
People will trust your firm if you come forth as an authority in your legal practice area. This can be established by ensuring your social media marketing promotes highly relevant content that offers value. For this reason, the individual or team behind these efforts should have a well-defined role in what they're supposed to do.
If you're seeking assistance on how to go about delegating the responsibilities behind social media marketing, below are some tips to get you started.
1. Ask. If you do not know much about social media marketing, inquire to many of the peers amongst the firm. Regardless of the type of law firm of business, there are usually always a few individuals who are sharp on social marketing platforms. It is however important that these individuals are both familiar and interested in helping to promote the firm.
2. Outsource. If you struggle to find someone within your company to socially promote the organization, do not be afraid to outsource these services. There are a number of different options you could pursue when it comes to outsourcing social media marketing services. Just be sure to consult an experience company with a solid track record. Often times going local is the best bet.
3. Collaborate. Let the people of your law firm collaborate on the social media marketing duties. Perhaps start by having a meeting and put everything out on the table. Teamwork can often create a great balance in delegating the social marketing roles and responsibilities, while keeping everyone in check.
You may already have someone in mind that loves performing the firm's social media marketing duties. This may be an individual that is highly efficient at navigating through the myriad of social media networks and is enthusiastic about connecting with prospective clients both online as well as offline for the law firm's marketing.
In other situations, you may be the one that is tasked with the social marketing duties of your firm. If this is this case, there are plenty of resources online that can help you get underway.continue...
If you are looking for local web marketing tips that could be beneficial to your law firm or legal practice, there are numerous channels and considerations that you could explore. Some of these tips are more broad-based and on a grander scale, whereas other tips are much intricate and involve specific aspects of a website.
Here are 8 tips that could be the most useful for law firm web marketing:
1. Establish goals for your firm. Owning a website is something most businesses will have, but you should know exactly what its ultimate purpose is. A good approach to this is start with very focused goals and expand out it as you start realizing success in the initial goal(s). In addition to this, you should figure out a way to measure the success of achieving your goals. For SEO or Internet marketing, this might depend on website traffic data.
2. Evaluate the content of your website. Having a website is meaningless if your content is not relevant, unique, and of value. Take some time to review your web copy from the perspective of your target audience. Is the content of your website useful to your readers? Do you use legal jargon that might confuse readers? How well optimized is the content for SEO? Some of theses question might help you find weaknesses and opportunities on your website.
3. Evaluate the title tag of your website. When you open your website on a browser, what does the top of the browser window say? The title tag is supposed to describe your website uniquely. It should contain the keywords that you would like to be associated with the content of the page. If you are running a local business, the title tag should contain local search keywords that would make it easier for local customers to find your website.
4. Track and analyze your web traffic. You cannot improve on your website if you cannot measure its success. By incorporating analytics in the running of your website, you get a chance to reap useful data such as where most of your web traffic comes from, the amount of time they spend on your website as well as what they look for on your website. A great tool to use for this is Google analytics. Here you can polish up your web marketing efforts by learning from valuable data and insights.
5. Make use of local business directories. The greatest advantage of these directories is that they are free. Listing your website in these directories will increase your web traffic, which in turn could boost the sales of your business. Some of the free directories you could enlist with include Google Local Business Center, Yellowpages.com, Yahoo! Local and more. These directories can really help boost your local small business SEO efforts.
6. Analyze your competition. You can do this by paying a visit to their websites to see how theirs are set up. You could also conduct searches related to your keywords to see who else is providing the services that you are. By keeping tabs on your competition, you get to learn what you are doing different as well as get tips from their marketing strategies.
7. Start a blog. All law firms can gain a lot by having a blog. This gives you a platform to provide pertinent information in your niche, which leads to people wanting to learn more about your goods or services. Not only can a blog help inbound traffic to your website (via SEO and social media,) but blogging helps to establish your image as credible and knowledgeable expert in your field.
8. Post videos online. Multimedia can go a long way in benefitting your business. Make use of websites such as YouTube and MetaCafe to increase your web traffic. Optimizing videos for SEO can also have a huge benefit to your local law firm web marketing efforts.continue...
With Google regular updates like the recent Panda update, many law firm web marketers are finding SEO to be an ever-changing and tiresome endeavor. In short, it's becoming rather difficult to predict what works for SEO because of the algorithm updates.
Revising your lawyer SEO strategies on a regular basis can be frustrating. With all these changes, one thing that will never change is the fact that content is still king. It's just a matter of how and where you use that content.
In this blog post, we share with you some insights to help diversify your optimized content. These points should help inspire some great strategies to ignite your law firm SEO strategy.
Most people think of text when they think of Web content. Although on-site text content is very important in search engine optimization, you should diversify by doing image optimization. Google has made major advances in its image search, but it still cannot “read” images if the images are not optimized. Doing an image search often produces wacky results. On the same breath, Google still cannot understand videos like humans do. You, therefore, should optimize videos.
For effective content generation, begin between keyword list finalization and the keyword-to-page mapping stage. This is because it is only at the end of the keyword research that you will get a list of relevant keywords. The main terms list should not be endless. It should feature both broad terms and more defined terms that match your website’s goals. Do not abandon long tail terms since they are also highly qualified. You can use them as mentions in your website’s copy.
Throw away the “old SEO” ideology and approach content marketing and optimization differently. There are several questions you should ask yourself when picking the keyword do use.
• Is the term supportable by a PR, an article, or a blog post?
• Would the Web page that is created or revised to target the term have content that is savory enough to attract Web masters to link to it or to encourage sharing?
• What is the purpose of the Web page? Is it to pass a message across, to educate readers, or to simply target a search term for ranking purposes?
• Is it possible to add the relevant imagery with a Web page that is created or revised using the search term?
• Is it possible to add the relevant video content with a Web page that is created or revised using the search term?
If you have an answer to these questions, you will be able to separate greed for a high ranking from quality content for a user-friendly site. In today’s search engine world, searches lend visibility to news, videos, and images. This does not include visibility on websites that are massively searched such as Flickr and YouTube. Note that non-text content is the fodder around which social sharing revolves.
In conclusion, it is clear that you should force yourself to not only look for ranking reports as SEO progresses, but to also look at bounce rates and links to internal Web pages. You would rather stick to a small website that has engaging content and content that is multi-dimensional than have a website that does not offer much in terms of content. This is because it is only sites that have engaging, multi-dimensional content are linked to, and present in SERPs. Text, videos, images, social content, and news all require optimization.
This blog post was contributed by Tyler Tafelsky, Internet marketing manager of OIC Group, Inc., a professional SEO Peoria IL company.continue...
Google Plus (or "Google+") is now one of the most popular social networking sites. This is one of the mostly because it provides more than what the other social networking sites have to offer.
Most individuals may see Google Plus as an extension of Twitter and Facebook. However, what more people are beginning to realize is that this emerging social platforms has features and benefits that are far more advantageous, especially for businesses and brands.
In addition to interacting with other legal professionals and individual users, Google Plus activity can be displayed in Google search on relevant keyword queries. This means that having a Google Plus presence can help your local website marketing strategy.
Like Twitter and Facebook, the initial goal of your Google Plus marketing efforts is to build a strong following. Below we share a number of tips and strategies to grow your law firm's Google Plus following.
1. Share Content: Sharing content is perhaps the most powerful way to attract new followers. Focusing on sharing content that interesting and very relevant to your target market. Additionally (and also like Twitter,) take advantage of using hashtags in front of relevant keywords that describe your posts. This can help your post become found when other users explore related topics.
2. Interact: After you have created a nice looking profile page that signifies your law firm's brand, take the time to explore Google Plus and some of the relevant content that's out there. Leave comments or "+1's" on the posts and updates of other businesses and individuals. This generates awareness of your brand and could lead to more traffic coming to your profile page (and more followers.)
3. Add Google Plus Widgets to Your Web Properties: Be sure to add the Google Plus widget on your blog and the webpages of your site. We suggest including both the "+1" button and the "G+" widget that takes people to your Google Plus page. In addition to help increasing your followers, this can also helps with local SEO by sending social signals (authority) on your website. Consider adding a link in the biography of your profile.
4. Actively Find Followers: Search for people in your legal profession or practice area. Having such people in your circles is advantageous because it may further lead to the acquisition of more relevant followers. Use the “Find People” feature on the Google Plus account's circles tab. Or you could try "exploring" related content and referencing the sources as potential followers.
5. Link to Your Profile: A good alternative to building links solely to your website (for SEO,) build links to your Google Plus profile page. This will help steer traffic to your profile while increasing its overall search engine authority.
Stay diligent with your social media marketing efforts via Google Plus. Because Google is focusing on a more local orientation with both its search results and social network, the advantages for your law firm are plentiful. Reach out, share content, and make your presence known!continue...
YouTube offers a great opportunity for your law firm to connect with relevant Internet users. Not only can you reach people in all corners of the world with YouTube, but your videos can be optimized for local SEO as well.
YouTube is particularly helpful for small legal practices, primarily because it's so cost efficient given its immense interaction and marketing potential. As the old adage goes, “a picture is worth 1,000 words”. So if you optimize your YouTube videos properly, the worth will only magnify.
Although the process of uploading and keyword optimizing a YouTube video is rather straightforward, many people go about it all wrong. Optimizing your firm's YouTube channel for video SEO is imperative for an effective video. There are several tips that will help you ensure that your YouTube channel is optimized for video SEO.
Once you have created an account on YouTube, you can come up with a specialized channel for your content. Some people upload their YouTube videos to their personal accounts. Having a specialized business channel is important because it brings you out as a professional. The channel is reflective of your business and yourself.
Some people make the mistake of uploading videos and simply hoping that visitors will see them on the net. The fact is that there are hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube and it is recommended that you are proactive if you want yours to stand out. One way of doing this is keyword optimization. Use a keyword tool to come up with the most appropriate keyword. People use keywords to do searches and with the right keyword, you will be sure that your video will rank high in search engine results pages of major search engines.
If you're law firm has a local market focus, in the advanced settings you can geo-tag your video with your firm's address. This will further enhance the geographic relevancy of the video for local keyword searches.
A content playlist is important because it keeps your content useful and streamlined. Linking a number of related videos together is important because it enables your visitors to see the bigger picture of what you are trying to achieve. A playlist is important because it ensures that visitors do not search too hard for videos that are natural progression videos, which they have already viewed. Note that most online visitors are impatient and they will simply leave your site if they find the going to be tough.
To promote your YouTube videos in your various social networking sites, some of the most effective sites to start are Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest. Your presence on YouTube should be part of a larger social media marketing campaign. Other than helping with SEO, social media marketing allows you to reach millions of people from around the world at minimal cost, it helps you get valuable feedback, and it helps you get targeted traffic. Post the same YouTube video on the different social networking sites as this prevents disconnect.
Ensure the YouTube Videos Convert High traffic is important, but more important is high conversion rates. One way of ensuring there is conversions is having a call to action. This stimulus is usually contained at the end of the video and is one of the most effective strategies for conversion optimization.
If you are interested in learning more about how to optimize YouTube for Video SEO, visit our SEO website optimization company today. Or provide any questions or comments below.continue...
Google Maps recently implemented a new feature that pinpoints the current location of your computer.
When I first checked out this new feature, Google Maps had my current location set in Michigan. They were correct; however I could further dial in my location as specific as my street address.
According to Google this feature, known as Automatic Location will help make search more relevant for users. Google states that:
Google Maps will always provide results that we believe are most relevant to your search. Location is one of a number of factors that we use to provide relevant results. For example, if you search for a restaurant chain, you may want to find a branch near you. Now, your initial Maps view will be set to your current location, so that you can get easy access to local results.
In short, Google will automatically pinpoint a user's location based on their IP address. In turn, the search engine results will be customized results based on the user's location.
So what does this mean for local SEO's and small business marketers? It's an obvious sign that Google is further pursuing local search as the best means to provide quality search results. More importantly, the social media network Google+ is directly tied to locally customized search results. Google+ Local pages, which have replaced the Google Places results, are very important for local SEO.
If your law firm has yet to claim and optimize a Google+ Local page, now is the time. In the near future, these pages may have just as much marketing potential as your firm's website.continue...
Perhaps one of the easiest and most powerful way to improve the overall exposure of you Pay Per Click (PPC) ads is using ad extensions. "Ad extensions" is a tool in Google AdWords that offers various ways to enhance the presentation of your ads. They're a cheap and easy way to help boost you click-through rate (CTR) and stand out from your local competitors.
The various options for ad extensions include:
* Location Extensions
* Call Extensions
* Sitelinks Extensions
* Product Extensions
* Social Extensions
* Mobile App Extensions
These extensions are momentous for local PPC, especially in competitive metropolitan areas. Law firms can capture more exposure in the search results and better enhance their brand image. Depending on the type of legal practice being advertisers, only a handful of ad extension will apply. The three most effective for law firms are the location, sitelinks, and social extensions. (While mobile app and call extensions may hold their purpose, product extensions are more tailored for ecommerce PPC.)
To get to view these features, simply click the Ad extensions tab in the Google AdWords interface. You'll then see a drop down menu of all the ad extensions available.
The process of setting up each ad extension is pretty straightforward. Purely your awareness of these tools is what matters the most. Let's go into more detail on the top three extensions that can help benefit your legal practice.
Location extensions are probably the most prevalent for local PPC advertisers. If you've been doing some paid search advertising of your own, you've probably noticed these enhancements which are often tied into with the Google map.
Using location extensions will display a link below your ads listing that says "show map of (address of your firm)." Only on very locally relevant searches will the results also show the map. This is typically when this extension offers the most impact of you competitors.
Setting up location extensions is very easy. You simply confirm the login credentials with that of you Google Places page (which is now flipping to Google+ page.) In a matter of minutes, your ad can be enhanced with the location extension, which helps to make your listing look more locally legit.
Sitelinks (also shown in the image above) are another great way to grow the size of your paid search ads (for better visibility) as well as funnel visitors down the right conversion path. In practice area like family law, using sitelinks can make your ad more relevant for the sub-categories of divorce, child custody, or alimony. The idea is offer options for more specified legal services.
Get creative when using sitelinks. You might want to offer a free legal consultation or some kind of incentive that will prompt users to click your ad. Similarly to location extensions, sitelinks are an effective PPC strategy to boost your ad's CTR.
Social extensions are a bit new compared to some of the other ad extensions in Google AdWords. Social extensions sync up your PPC ads with your Google+ profile. And because the Google+ social network is heavily focused on local orientation, these extensions are ideal of local law firms.
To implement social extensions, you will first need to set up a Google+ Local profile page. If you have yet to do so, this should be the first thing on your list. Once this is complete, setting up this extension is just a matter of confirming the URL of your Google+ page in AdWords.
Using ad extensions in Google AdWords is cost-efficient and highly-effective method to improve your paid search exposure and overall PPC efforts. It's free, easy, and super impactful. For lawyers that handle criminal defense or DUI cases, the call or mobile app extensions might also be a great tool in the PPC arsenal.continue...
For local legal practice, it is important that you optimize your law firm's website for greater online exposure, especially for the search engines.
Local search engine optimization (SEO) involves the optimization of a website, or a specific page, using both practice area keywords as well as geographic references.
The actual optimization is ensuring the combination of geo-target (e.g. "Dallas") and practice area (e.g. "Criminal Defense") are mentioned on the page, preferably in close proximity (e.g. "Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer").
However there's a lot more to local lawyer SEO than just keyword optimizing pages of a website. Now, with more social integration (via Google+) and other contributing factors that occur off the sites, a local SEO strategy must consider a number of different elements.
To help you better optimize your law firm's website for local SEO, below we offer seven strategies for local lawyer SEO.
1) Local Search Submissions: Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have free local business listings. All you are required to do is fill out info about your business and to then verify your listing. With Bing, you can have an aerial map that allows you to pinpoint the exact location of your business. Listing allows your business to be visible in local searches using the chosen keyword. You could also submit your site to Yelp or CitySearch. Proper categorizing is necessary for a successful listing. Some listings allow you to even list the payment method/s accepted and your email.
2) Google AdWords: Although AdWords is designed more for PPC advertisers, you can earn a lot of valuable insights with data provided by the platform. Here you can track the search queries and visitor behaviors that impact your website. As a result, you can capture a wealth of information to hone in on your local SEO efforts.
3) Reviews: You could ask for reviews from customers. Customer testimonials are important in that they help to convince skeptical clients to buy whatever you are selling. You will be surprised just how many of your current customers are willing to provide testimonials if you ask. You can also have customer reviews on some local websites like Google Local and Yelp.
4) Listing on Community Sites: You could list your website on community websites like the website of your local Chamber of Commerce. This not only helps you list your website locally, but it also helps you get links from a credible website. Link building is one of the most effective White Hat SEO techniques. Another option is listing with your trade organization, preferably a local organization or the local branch of the organization. Yet another option is listing on a local business directory.
5) Localize Keywords: Use localized keywords that are bit variant from the norm. As an example, include such keywords like "NYC," in addition to "New York." You'd be surprised at how many people use modified geo-local references in their search queries.
6) Focus on the Competition: Work on your keywords by using keyword research tools to come up with the most effective ones and do research on what successful competitors are doing so that you can borrow from their strategies.
7) Twitter: Using Twitter for your lawyer SEO increases the chances of your business, brand, or a particular product going viral. Creating a Twitter account is easy and free. Make regular updates and attract as many followers as possible. Offer meaningful information on your updates.
To learn more about local SEO for your law firm, check out this local SEO guide with great insights for all types of campaigns.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
An online educational platform that offers web-based training courses in Google Ads, SEO, and more.
The direct link to Yisoo's Google Ads online course.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.