With Google regular updates like the recent Panda update, many law firm web marketers are finding SEO to be an ever-changing and tiresome endeavor. In short, it's becoming rather difficult to predict what works for SEO because of the algorithm updates.
Revising your lawyer SEO strategies on a regular basis can be frustrating. With all these changes, one thing that will never change is the fact that content is still king. It's just a matter of how and where you use that content.
In this blog post, we share with you some insights to help diversify your optimized content. These points should help inspire some great strategies to ignite your law firm SEO strategy.
Most people think of text when they think of Web content. Although on-site text content is very important in search engine optimization, you should diversify by doing image optimization. Google has made major advances in its image search, but it still cannot “read” images if the images are not optimized. Doing an image search often produces wacky results. On the same breath, Google still cannot understand videos like humans do. You, therefore, should optimize videos.
For effective content generation, begin between keyword list finalization and the keyword-to-page mapping stage. This is because it is only at the end of the keyword research that you will get a list of relevant keywords. The main terms list should not be endless. It should feature both broad terms and more defined terms that match your website’s goals. Do not abandon long tail terms since they are also highly qualified. You can use them as mentions in your website’s copy.
Throw away the “old SEO” ideology and approach content marketing and optimization differently. There are several questions you should ask yourself when picking the keyword do use.
• Is the term supportable by a PR, an article, or a blog post?
• Would the Web page that is created or revised to target the term have content that is savory enough to attract Web masters to link to it or to encourage sharing?
• What is the purpose of the Web page? Is it to pass a message across, to educate readers, or to simply target a search term for ranking purposes?
• Is it possible to add the relevant imagery with a Web page that is created or revised using the search term?
• Is it possible to add the relevant video content with a Web page that is created or revised using the search term?
If you have an answer to these questions, you will be able to separate greed for a high ranking from quality content for a user-friendly site. In today’s search engine world, searches lend visibility to news, videos, and images. This does not include visibility on websites that are massively searched such as Flickr and YouTube. Note that non-text content is the fodder around which social sharing revolves.
In conclusion, it is clear that you should force yourself to not only look for ranking reports as SEO progresses, but to also look at bounce rates and links to internal Web pages. You would rather stick to a small website that has engaging content and content that is multi-dimensional than have a website that does not offer much in terms of content. This is because it is only sites that have engaging, multi-dimensional content are linked to, and present in SERPs. Text, videos, images, social content, and news all require optimization.
This blog post was contributed by Tyler Tafelsky, Internet marketing manager of OIC Group, Inc., a professional SEO Peoria IL company.continue...
Google Plus (or "Google+") is now one of the most popular social networking sites. This is one of the mostly because it provides more than what the other social networking sites have to offer.
Most individuals may see Google Plus as an extension of Twitter and Facebook. However, what more people are beginning to realize is that this emerging social platforms has features and benefits that are far more advantageous, especially for businesses and brands.
In addition to interacting with other legal professionals and individual users, Google Plus activity can be displayed in Google search on relevant keyword queries. This means that having a Google Plus presence can help your local website marketing strategy.
Like Twitter and Facebook, the initial goal of your Google Plus marketing efforts is to build a strong following. Below we share a number of tips and strategies to grow your law firm's Google Plus following.
1. Share Content: Sharing content is perhaps the most powerful way to attract new followers. Focusing on sharing content that interesting and very relevant to your target market. Additionally (and also like Twitter,) take advantage of using hashtags in front of relevant keywords that describe your posts. This can help your post become found when other users explore related topics.
2. Interact: After you have created a nice looking profile page that signifies your law firm's brand, take the time to explore Google Plus and some of the relevant content that's out there. Leave comments or "+1's" on the posts and updates of other businesses and individuals. This generates awareness of your brand and could lead to more traffic coming to your profile page (and more followers.)
3. Add Google Plus Widgets to Your Web Properties: Be sure to add the Google Plus widget on your blog and the webpages of your site. We suggest including both the "+1" button and the "G+" widget that takes people to your Google Plus page. In addition to help increasing your followers, this can also helps with local SEO by sending social signals (authority) on your website. Consider adding a link in the biography of your profile.
4. Actively Find Followers: Search for people in your legal profession or practice area. Having such people in your circles is advantageous because it may further lead to the acquisition of more relevant followers. Use the “Find People” feature on the Google Plus account's circles tab. Or you could try "exploring" related content and referencing the sources as potential followers.
5. Link to Your Profile: A good alternative to building links solely to your website (for SEO,) build links to your Google Plus profile page. This will help steer traffic to your profile while increasing its overall search engine authority.
Stay diligent with your social media marketing efforts via Google Plus. Because Google is focusing on a more local orientation with both its search results and social network, the advantages for your law firm are plentiful. Reach out, share content, and make your presence known!continue...
YouTube offers a great opportunity for your law firm to connect with relevant Internet users. Not only can you reach people in all corners of the world with YouTube, but your videos can be optimized for local SEO as well.
YouTube is particularly helpful for small legal practices, primarily because it's so cost efficient given its immense interaction and marketing potential. As the old adage goes, “a picture is worth 1,000 words”. So if you optimize your YouTube videos properly, the worth will only magnify.
Although the process of uploading and keyword optimizing a YouTube video is rather straightforward, many people go about it all wrong. Optimizing your firm's YouTube channel for video SEO is imperative for an effective video. There are several tips that will help you ensure that your YouTube channel is optimized for video SEO.
Once you have created an account on YouTube, you can come up with a specialized channel for your content. Some people upload their YouTube videos to their personal accounts. Having a specialized business channel is important because it brings you out as a professional. The channel is reflective of your business and yourself.
Some people make the mistake of uploading videos and simply hoping that visitors will see them on the net. The fact is that there are hundreds of millions of videos on YouTube and it is recommended that you are proactive if you want yours to stand out. One way of doing this is keyword optimization. Use a keyword tool to come up with the most appropriate keyword. People use keywords to do searches and with the right keyword, you will be sure that your video will rank high in search engine results pages of major search engines.
If you're law firm has a local market focus, in the advanced settings you can geo-tag your video with your firm's address. This will further enhance the geographic relevancy of the video for local keyword searches.
A content playlist is important because it keeps your content useful and streamlined. Linking a number of related videos together is important because it enables your visitors to see the bigger picture of what you are trying to achieve. A playlist is important because it ensures that visitors do not search too hard for videos that are natural progression videos, which they have already viewed. Note that most online visitors are impatient and they will simply leave your site if they find the going to be tough.
To promote your YouTube videos in your various social networking sites, some of the most effective sites to start are Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest. Your presence on YouTube should be part of a larger social media marketing campaign. Other than helping with SEO, social media marketing allows you to reach millions of people from around the world at minimal cost, it helps you get valuable feedback, and it helps you get targeted traffic. Post the same YouTube video on the different social networking sites as this prevents disconnect.
Ensure the YouTube Videos Convert High traffic is important, but more important is high conversion rates. One way of ensuring there is conversions is having a call to action. This stimulus is usually contained at the end of the video and is one of the most effective strategies for conversion optimization.
If you are interested in learning more about how to optimize YouTube for Video SEO, visit our SEO website optimization company today. Or provide any questions or comments below.continue...
Google Maps recently implemented a new feature that pinpoints the current location of your computer.
When I first checked out this new feature, Google Maps had my current location set in Michigan. They were correct; however I could further dial in my location as specific as my street address.
According to Google this feature, known as Automatic Location will help make search more relevant for users. Google states that:
Google Maps will always provide results that we believe are most relevant to your search. Location is one of a number of factors that we use to provide relevant results. For example, if you search for a restaurant chain, you may want to find a branch near you. Now, your initial Maps view will be set to your current location, so that you can get easy access to local results.
In short, Google will automatically pinpoint a user's location based on their IP address. In turn, the search engine results will be customized results based on the user's location.
So what does this mean for local SEO's and small business marketers? It's an obvious sign that Google is further pursuing local search as the best means to provide quality search results. More importantly, the social media network Google+ is directly tied to locally customized search results. Google+ Local pages, which have replaced the Google Places results, are very important for local SEO.
If your law firm has yet to claim and optimize a Google+ Local page, now is the time. In the near future, these pages may have just as much marketing potential as your firm's website.continue...