Perhaps one of the easiest and most powerful way to improve the overall exposure of you Pay Per Click (PPC) ads is using ad extensions. "Ad extensions" is a tool in Google AdWords that offers various ways to enhance the presentation of your ads. They're a cheap and easy way to help boost you click-through rate (CTR) and stand out from your local competitors.
The various options for ad extensions include:
* Location Extensions
* Call Extensions
* Sitelinks Extensions
* Product Extensions
* Social Extensions
* Mobile App Extensions
These extensions are momentous for local PPC, especially in competitive metropolitan areas. Law firms can capture more exposure in the search results and better enhance their brand image. Depending on the type of legal practice being advertisers, only a handful of ad extension will apply. The three most effective for law firms are the location, sitelinks, and social extensions. (While mobile app and call extensions may hold their purpose, product extensions are more tailored for ecommerce PPC.)
To get to view these features, simply click the Ad extensions tab in the Google AdWords interface. You'll then see a drop down menu of all the ad extensions available.
The process of setting up each ad extension is pretty straightforward. Purely your awareness of these tools is what matters the most. Let's go into more detail on the top three extensions that can help benefit your legal practice.
Location extensions are probably the most prevalent for local PPC advertisers. If you've been doing some paid search advertising of your own, you've probably noticed these enhancements which are often tied into with the Google map.
Using location extensions will display a link below your ads listing that says "show map of (address of your firm)." Only on very locally relevant searches will the results also show the map. This is typically when this extension offers the most impact of you competitors.
Setting up location extensions is very easy. You simply confirm the login credentials with that of you Google Places page (which is now flipping to Google+ page.) In a matter of minutes, your ad can be enhanced with the location extension, which helps to make your listing look more locally legit.
Sitelinks (also shown in the image above) are another great way to grow the size of your paid search ads (for better visibility) as well as funnel visitors down the right conversion path. In practice area like family law, using sitelinks can make your ad more relevant for the sub-categories of divorce, child custody, or alimony. The idea is offer options for more specified legal services.
Get creative when using sitelinks. You might want to offer a free legal consultation or some kind of incentive that will prompt users to click your ad. Similarly to location extensions, sitelinks are an effective PPC strategy to boost your ad's CTR.
Social extensions are a bit new compared to some of the other ad extensions in Google AdWords. Social extensions sync up your PPC ads with your Google+ profile. And because the Google+ social network is heavily focused on local orientation, these extensions are ideal of local law firms.
To implement social extensions, you will first need to set up a Google+ Local profile page. If you have yet to do so, this should be the first thing on your list. Once this is complete, setting up this extension is just a matter of confirming the URL of your Google+ page in AdWords.
Using ad extensions in Google AdWords is cost-efficient and highly-effective method to improve your paid search exposure and overall PPC efforts. It's free, easy, and super impactful. For lawyers that handle criminal defense or DUI cases, the call or mobile app extensions might also be a great tool in the PPC arsenal.continue...
For local legal practice, it is important that you optimize your law firm's website for greater online exposure, especially for the search engines.
Local search engine optimization (SEO) involves the optimization of a website, or a specific page, using both practice area keywords as well as geographic references.
The actual optimization is ensuring the combination of geo-target (e.g. "Dallas") and practice area (e.g. "Criminal Defense") are mentioned on the page, preferably in close proximity (e.g. "Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer").
However there's a lot more to local lawyer SEO than just keyword optimizing pages of a website. Now, with more social integration (via Google+) and other contributing factors that occur off the sites, a local SEO strategy must consider a number of different elements.
To help you better optimize your law firm's website for local SEO, below we offer seven strategies for local lawyer SEO.
1) Local Search Submissions: Google, Bing, and Yahoo! have free local business listings. All you are required to do is fill out info about your business and to then verify your listing. With Bing, you can have an aerial map that allows you to pinpoint the exact location of your business. Listing allows your business to be visible in local searches using the chosen keyword. You could also submit your site to Yelp or CitySearch. Proper categorizing is necessary for a successful listing. Some listings allow you to even list the payment method/s accepted and your email.
2) Google AdWords: Although AdWords is designed more for PPC advertisers, you can earn a lot of valuable insights with data provided by the platform. Here you can track the search queries and visitor behaviors that impact your website. As a result, you can capture a wealth of information to hone in on your local SEO efforts.
3) Reviews: You could ask for reviews from customers. Customer testimonials are important in that they help to convince skeptical clients to buy whatever you are selling. You will be surprised just how many of your current customers are willing to provide testimonials if you ask. You can also have customer reviews on some local websites like Google Local and Yelp.
4) Listing on Community Sites: You could list your website on community websites like the website of your local Chamber of Commerce. This not only helps you list your website locally, but it also helps you get links from a credible website. Link building is one of the most effective White Hat SEO techniques. Another option is listing with your trade organization, preferably a local organization or the local branch of the organization. Yet another option is listing on a local business directory.
5) Localize Keywords: Use localized keywords that are bit variant from the norm. As an example, include such keywords like "NYC," in addition to "New York." You'd be surprised at how many people use modified geo-local references in their search queries.
6) Focus on the Competition: Work on your keywords by using keyword research tools to come up with the most effective ones and do research on what successful competitors are doing so that you can borrow from their strategies.
7) Twitter: Using Twitter for your lawyer SEO increases the chances of your business, brand, or a particular product going viral. Creating a Twitter account is easy and free. Make regular updates and attract as many followers as possible. Offer meaningful information on your updates.
To learn more about local SEO for your law firm, check out this local SEO guide with great insights for all types of campaigns.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.