Public Relations (PR) and SEO, although vastly different in many ways, can actually have a lot in common. When both of these practices are incorporated in a law firm’s marketing efforts, a lot can be achieved.
The main idea is that PR and SEO are both a form of optimized communication in that they must be intricately tailored for a specific audience.
Although PR involves maintaining the law firm’s brand image through public events and appearances, and SEO involves marketing a company over the Internet, there's synergy that can be created when both are merged.
In this article we highlight five ideas to leverage PR for your law firm's SEO campaign.
Create optimized web copy and other forms of inbound marketing content (for SEO) by utilizing offline resources created by the PR department. It's important to ensure that the proper focus and purpose of the PR content is similar in its application for SEO. A lot of insights can be gained by leveraging PR content for SEO, so get creative and see what applies.
A law firm's PR department establishes a lot of contacts with potential SEO clients since they work with media and other forms of marketing. Utilize the PR department to reach out to prospects and see if your firm can utilize their web properties for off-site SEO, such as guest blogging and relevant link building.
When it comes to press release, the PR department for most law firms is responsible for generating this type of content. These press releases can easily be spun or re-purposed, and optimized for inbound marketing and SEO. It's a great way to make use of internal resources that already exist.
The PR department of the law firm can come in handy in generating insights and quality content to share on social media. This is due to the fact that PR deals with the public and established connections with the press. As a result, it's likely that the firm's PR department will have good information and content that can be used for social media (which now contributes heavily for SEO, especially local SEO.)
Data that's gathered from the PR department can be used for many different marketing function, especially fro SEO. For instance, target audience data, specifically demographics and other specifics of the law firm's target market can be used to produce more relevant content for SEO.
Is you firm leveraging public relations for its SEO efforts? We like to hear your insights!continue...
The purpose of any form of optimized content is to make it both search engine friendly (value for SEO) and reader-friendly (value for users.) This centers on creating high quality content that will be well appreciated by readers, and thus gets linked to naturally, helping to promote its SEO-potential.
But in order for strong content to reach is maximum SEO potential, it should also be keyword optimized using the best practices of SEO copywriting. And although your content might be an image or video, these SEO copywriting tips can still help you optimize your content for better rankings. Below are 5 SEO copywriting tips to help you properly keyword optimize your content for better search visibility.
The application of keywords in the Meta title can be best understood from the perspective of a search engine user. When people are searching in Google, they are most attracted to listing that show keywords in the headline of the various results.
Additionally, keyword optimizing the Meta title can also help Google and other search engine distinguish what the page is about, aiding your SEO efforts. It is suggested to keep the Meta title length within 72 characters so that it all appears in the Google search results.
The Meta description is a brief summary of the page. It helps to assure the client that your content will meet their search needs. Most often, keep your Meta description below 165 characters.
Apart from ranking, SEO copywriting is also about the way you present the content in search engines. The Meta description refers to the “snippet” copy for search results below the title. It will impact whether or not users click into your page. Whether the keywords in the Meta description will affect the ranking, is still debatable, however the searched terms will appear in bold, only making your listing more relevant to the user.
Typically your on-page copy will be about the topic that pertains to your page's keyword targets. That said, don't get too focused on keyword inclusion, but rather, write naturally and only include keywords when they make sense.
It is best to have a nice block of text-based copy on almost any type of content you publish. For articles, shoot for at least 300 words of copy to have the greatest SEO value. If it's images or videos, try supplementing this content with a paragraph or two summarizing what the content is about. The idea it to give a search engine spider some keyword-rich content to crawl, making your content all the more SEO-valuable.
Keyword frequency is defined as the number of times in which your keyword target is mentioned on the page. . Conversely, keyword density is known as the ratio of keywords to the total number of words on the entire page.
It is a misconception that keyword frequency affects ranking. When using keywords in your content, be sure not overuse them. This also implies that your content's keyword density should not be more than 5.5% or else Google may penalize your website.
Internal linking on a webpage is a vital basis of developing well optimized websites. This help establish keyword relevancy (based on the anchor text used for internal links,) as well as the crawling and indexing of your entire website. For these reasons, linking together relevant pages is important with regards to SEO.
A few tips to keep in mind when internal linking are:
* Pinpoint relevant pages of your website that deem worth of linking to
* Use natural and relevant anchor text
* Always consider the user and if the link makes logic sense
These are tips pertain to the best practices of SEO copywriting. In summary, don't dwell on including a high volume of keyword targets, but rather focus on what is important to the search engines - quality content that offers meaning and purpose to your audience.continue...
Although most law firms have been cautious to dive into social media marketing, now many legal practices are realizing the significance of going social as an effective and efficient part of marketing their legal services. Not only does social media contribute to acquiring more and better cases, but having a strong social media presence can help a firm establish a powerful and well-recognized brand image.
There are three social media platforms that are essential for lawyers and law firms alike. Below is an overview of these three platforms, along with some tips on how to build law firm web marketing strategies for each of them.
For geo-relevant, lawyer-related keyword searches, some law firms are positioned higher in local search results. This is because these local firms have created well-optimized Google+ Local pages. These pages are huge advertising sources for locally focused companies.
It is recommended that you build a Google+ page for both for your law firm brand (a Google+ Local page) as well as personal page for yourself. Besides increasing your online visibility and potential rankings in organic search results, Google+ is a social media platform that can connect you with potential clients and fellow legal professionals (for referrals.)
To help you optimize your Google+ pages, consider these following tips:
* Verify you firm's Google+ Local page to be a legitimate location or place
* Populate your firm's "About" information with keyword rich content
* Upload professional, audience relevant images
* Make use of videos and other media that will help market your law firm
* Add a link to your firm's website or other online resources
* Establish Google authorship by linking to you blogs
With so many individuals on Facebook, it's hard for lawyers and law firms not to take advantage of this social touch point. Here are a few tidbits that may enlighten you on how to use Facebook as a social marketing platform for your firm.
* The average duration a common user spends on Facebook is 55 minutes per day. That’s a solid chunk of time. Your brand needs less than one minute of that time to make its impact. Be sure to post only valuable content that speak to their interests.
* Utilize different types of Facebook pages. Contrary to your personal Facebook profile page, branded Facebook page allows your firm to build a credible presence online, establish an area for open discussions, automatically accept followers, and share legal knowledge and insights by promoting you content.
* Create space for more Facebook fans. The average Facebook user has about 193 friends on their account. In addition, if one person likes your firm's Facebook page, friends of that person may see interaction through their Facebook Newsfeed. This can further promote you brand's visibility while growing your following.
* Take advantage of Facebook advertising. Facebook ads can help you make your law firm more visible online, especially from a local market approach. Facebook ads enable marketers to tailor highly focused campaigns based on many different targeting tactics, such as location, gender, interests, or age.
Perhaps one of the most valuable social marketing platforms of attorneys is LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a professional social media network with a lot of potential to connect with other attorneys for case referrals and legal insights. Below are just a few of the advantages of LinkedIn for law firms:
* Connect with other attorneys for case referrals
* Earn exposure from prospective clients
* Share you content and establish your professional credibility
* Build the company's web presence with more search visibility
* Staying up-to-date on news and insights in you legal practice area
LinkedIn continues to grow as one of the most powerful social media platforms for many different users. Its diversity and growth makes it one of the best for law firm and business web marketing.
To learn more about social media and it's impact on search and other Internet marketing channels, visit this page that defines "SEO'cial," a new approach to SEO and social media marketing.continue...
When it comes to social media marketing, Google+ is one of the most powerful platforms for law firm web marketing.
It is not only great for professional networking with other legal professionals (and getting referrals,) but Google+ can also work wonders by gaining more web exposure from like-minded people and potential clients.
Having a successful law firm web presence can be bolstered with Google+. Below we share a few tips and benefits to help your firm utilize Google+ for web marketing.
By using Google+, you can increase the chances of your firm gaining higher ranking when it comes to SEO. Now, Google+ activity is being integrated in the search engine results. So by building a strong Google+ following, you can you increase your search engine visibility by promoting your content and insights.
Additionally, Google+ is also integrated in local search. Having a well optimized Google+ Local page that's plentiful will reviews and valuable content can see top rankings in the Google local search results. For law firms, this can be a huge source of web traffic.
When it comes to Google+, you connect with people through circles. So what is a focused circle? This is people who have been grouped together due to the fact that they have similar interests whether in their personal or professional life.
Before including people into a particular circle for your law firm, you should establish what mutual benefits you will both be getting. By using circles, you get the opportunity to determine what your target demographic wants and figure out how best to provide it to them.
When it comes to driving traffic for your law firm's website, it is not simply about targeting all of the people in your local proximity. It's about targeting highly specific people and interests that will grow your firms web presence.
Focused content sharing ensures that you are reaching a targeted audience that will boost your sales. They will not only click the link to your website, but chances are they will also purchase your products, sign up for your mailing list and possibly recommend you to the people in their circles.
One thing to emphasize about web marketing is that it is dynamic process. In short, it never stays in one particular form. There are new developments, which could greatly improve on your law firm web marketing efforts.
A number of online business owners tend to have outdated content since they are not staying abreast with these trends. If you would like to increase targeted traffic to your website and boost sales, you should know what is hot in your particular niche.continue...
In the digital age that we live in, blogging has offered up a platform for people who would like to share their views online. Whether these views are personal or professional, it does not matter. The idea is share content of value with a relevancy audience. For law firm web marketing, a blog can help:
* inbound traffic to a website
* attract more social media followers
* establish the firm as trusted and credible legal resource
* aid search engine optimization (SEO)
One thing to note though is that the blogosphere is filled with millions of writers. With the introduction of AdSense by Google, quality blog writing makes it possible to earn money, which has stiffened the competition. Although blog creation is essentially free, you should consider the following points if your law firm plans to attract a solid following of readers.
1. Have clear objectives: Before you begin a blog, you should have a clear idea of which direction you would like it to go. One cannot simply wake up one morning and decide to write on anything and everything and hope to amass a following. You should know who your target audience will be before you can decide what content would be best suited to them. Go through different blogs and figure out how they are reaching their target audience then you can make a decision on what your niche would be.
2. Get into your readers’ minds: Blog readers tend to expect a lot from the author of the blog. If you think that simply having excellent grammar and being eloquent will cut it, you will be wrong. It does not matter what niche you will be writing about, you should ensure the content is unique for you to develop your own following. What will make readers choose your blog rather than go somewhere else and read about the same thing? One of the best ways of getting into your readership’s heads would be by enabling comments on each of your blog posts. This will let you get feedback, both positive and negative, and allow you to make the necessary changes.
3. Edit your content: When it comes to writing, most people will go with the flow and jot down what comes to mind first. This is all well and good but this cannot be your final work. You should edit all your blog posts to ensure that they are free of errors and the content can be understood in the context in which you want it to be comprehended.
4. Edit your images: If you want your blog to stand out, it is recommended you incorporate images to break up the content. Do not use substandard images though. Learning the ropes of image editing will go a long way in giving your blog a professional edge.
5. Design of your blog: The design of your blog is one of the most important considerations and possibly the hardest job to accomplish. Your template should match the overall theme of the blog. If you are not proficient in web design, it is recommended to hire the services of someone who is.
Blogging offers a wealth of advantages for all types of firms, especially on a more local level where trust, credibility, and word of mouth go a long way. We hope these tips help you develop an effective blogging strategy.continue...
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
One of the most trusted legal resources for attorneys, peer reviews, online legal communities, and more.
Lexis Nexis legal directory of Martindal Hubbel law firms and legal professionals
The law blog of the Wall Street Journal
Need optimized content for you legal site? Organic SEO Copywriters offer high degree of experience writing copy for legal contexts, particularly local SEO copywriting for lawyers and law firms.
Know the SEO & Web Marketing benefits as well as best practices to owning and managing an external blog for your legal practice.
?Full service website optimization company for SEO, PPC, on-site website optimization, development, web design, and content marketing services.
Law firms can empower their marketing strategy with tangible promotional products from local suppliers like this fine company.
Get expert PPC campaign management services from the trusted Google AdWords Experts.
Brilliant insights to help you better manage and optimize your PPC campaign.
Learn tips, insights, and strategies to make your website's design more SEO-friendly.
Resource dedicated to local SEO consulting programs and educational-based resources for all levels.
Want to make your law firm business more purposeful? Become enlightened by visiting the Righteous Business Blog.
Discover some of the best employee thank you and appreciation gifts for your law firm by visiting this unique website called BookWear!
Recruit top-notch talent with great efficacy with recruiting gifts that are legal friendly.